2021 specialized stumpjumper alloy crank removal HELP!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
2021 specialized stumpjumper alloy crank removal HELP!
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 15:16 Quote
Hey everyone, kinda feel dumb asking this question because I thought it would be straight forward. I have had some clicking in my BB so I decided to try and take it apart to regrease and see if a bearing is blown. I was able to take the drive side crank off but the non drive side was like stuck in place. I thought it pushes out so I tried. I even took a mallet but nothing. Do I need a special tool to pull the crank out? Or is it just very badly seized in place?

Thanks!

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 15:54 Quote
Alex20049 wrote:
Hey everyone, kinda feel dumb asking this question because I thought it would be straight forward. I have had some clicking in my BB so I decided to try and take it apart to regrease and see if a bearing is blown. I was able to take the drive side crank off but the non drive side was like stuck in place. I thought it pushes out so I tried. I even took a mallet but nothing. Do I need a special tool to pull the crank out? Or is it just very badly seized in place?

Thanks!

Do you have a picture of both sides?

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 18:20 Quote
Might need a crank puller - also has a threaded bottom bracket.

Im assuming this is the entry level build.. Do yourself a favor and upgrade from the stock bottom bracket and cranks - sx stuff is heavy and clunky. Your right, bottom bracket likely failed. Sram dub stuff is a lot lighter and wont fail within a year. I replaced a freinds on their stumpy alloy with gx cranks + a dub bottom bracket and I believe it was over a pound of weight savings.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005481
Mobile Version of Website