G2 Ultimate thoughts

PB Forum :: SRAM
G2 Ultimate thoughts
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 3:56 Quote
So I'm looking to change my brakes. I have always been a fan of shimano brakes, but the xt m8100's have been the worst trash brakes I've ever used. Multiple bleeds, and they still feel like I'm grabbing a handful of dough. Nothing like the older m8000/m7000 series. I was thinking of trying the sram g2 ultimates. They seem to get good reviews online, but I'd like some input from riders on here. Anyone have thoughts on them? Are sram brakes still mushy feeling?

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 6:36 Quote
mrkumro wrote:
So I'm looking to change my brakes. I have always been a fan of shimano brakes, but the xt m8100's have been the worst trash brakes I've ever used. Multiple bleeds, and they still feel like I'm grabbing a handful of dough. Nothing like the older m8000/m7000 series. I was thinking of trying the sram g2 ultimates. They seem to get good reviews online, but I'd like some input from riders on here. Anyone have thoughts on them? Are sram brakes still mushy feeling?

Personally I do not like the feel of the sram brakes. I have noticed shimanos can sometimes require a good bit of work to bleed them and get them feeling good, but once the bleed is good they are pretty solid. I personally am a huge fan of my Hayes dominions. Love how easy it is to pull the lever and they have a good bit of power.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005083
Mobile Version of Website