Tyre suggestions: DJ, BMX and skate park?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Tyre suggestions: DJ, BMX and skate park?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 5:48 Quote
Hi
Skip to **** for the actual question.

I just got myself a really nice DJ bike (Calibre Astronaut). Its got some really nice upgrades, and is running Schwalbe Table tops (26x2.25)

I'm keen to keep it a faithful dirt jump bike, for trips out to SP4 and Bulltrack etc. But where I live in London we have loads of skate parks and I've started BMX lessons at Peckham. Really, I'm using the bike more for skate parks and pump-tracks than I am for dirt jumping. For this, the Schwalbe table-tops have not been ideal.

So - I'm keen to know if anyone can suggest a decent 26' tyre that would be good for 40% skate park, 40% pump track, and 10% actual dirt jumping ? (I'm guessing something with a slick centre and file tread? )
I think 2.25 is a bit wide also - thinking 1.9? Wonder if anyone has thoughts on this....

Currently thinking DMR motos ....

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 19:23 Quote
In my opinion, the Tioga FS100 is the best do it all tire. Wire only unfortunately, but still my go to tire on my 26” bikes. Also with mentioning I run the Demolition Hammerheads Trail version on my 20” BMX bikes, basically the same tire but the street version is closer to the Tioga tread depth,

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 8:41 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
In my opinion, the Tioga FS100 is the best do it all tire. Wire only unfortunately, but still my go to tire on my 26” bikes. Also with mentioning I run the Demolition Hammerheads Trail version on my 20” BMX bikes, basically the same tire but the street version is closer to the Tioga tread depth,

Thanks - looks like the ideal tread pattern!

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 10:28 Quote
billy bonkers 2.1, works everywhere, pattern similar to those tiogas, but a lot lighter

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 13:20 Quote
krmpz wrote:
billy bonkers 2.1, works everywhere, pattern similar to those tiogas, but a lot lighter
Awesome - looks like the folding version is about 300g lighter too!

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
I’ve been using the maxxis DTH tires on my pbj, I’ve used them for racing bmx, dirt jumps, and our pump track, and have found them to grip on everything surprisingly well. Was looking for billy bonkers at the time, but couldn’t find any in stock.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007531
Mobile Version of Website