‘22 Stumpjumper EVO chainline

PB Forum :: Specialized
‘22 Stumpjumper EVO chainline
Previous Page | Next Page
O+
Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 8:32 Quote
What cranks are people running?

I had XT M8100. Switched to 165mm and got XT M8120 (for boost frames). I’m thinking I should have stuck with the M8100 as now I can’t get the upper chain guide to fit without a lot of chain rub. I can install the M8120s with both spindles washers on the non drive side and get the chainline I need but I’m afraid my non drive side crank won’t be on the spindle far enough that way. Any suggestions? I want to stick with 165mm. M8100 in 165 are impossible to find right now. Otherwise I would just get those and sell these M8210

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 17:42 Quote
dickdillander wrote:

I had XT M8100. Switched to 165mm and got XT M8120 (for boost frames). I’m thinking I should have stuck with the M8100 as now I can’t get the upper chain guide to fit without a lot of chain rub. I can install the M8120s with both spindles washers on the non drive side and get the chainline I need but I’m afraid my non drive side crank won’t be on the spindle far enough that way. Any suggestions? I want to stick with 165mm. M8100 in 165 are impossible to find right now. Otherwise I would just get those and sell these M8210

My first thought is maybe use some washers and push the chain guide out a bit to compensate. Not sure what chain guide it is though but a picture could be useful for that.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 17:58 Quote
im running a about 55mm on my Evo. the Q factor i like and ive used these cranks on a few bikes now.

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 1:27 Quote
kiranseligman wrote:
dickdillander wrote:

My first thought is maybe use some washers and push the chain guide out a bit to compensate. Not sure what chain guide it is though but a picture could be useful for that.

Good suggestion. Maybe I will give that a try. Chainguide is the MRP 1x that came with the frame set

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005710
Mobile Version of Website