Lost in the Ebike options for Urban and Beach use - Diamondback Response?

PB Forum :: eMTB
Lost in the Ebike options for Urban and Beach use - Diamondback Response?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 17:51 Quote
I'm looking for an Urban, Rural, Beach, etc. Ebike. I have limited experience with the Yamaha options but, looking online the Diamondback Response seems like a good option but, what do I know?

It has been a long time since I was on a full suspension MTB but, they really weren't my thing at the time because they were heavier and didn't put power down as well on a the 'street'. My old TREK 7000 was an awesome all aluminum rigid bike in the day but, my back and shoulders can't take a ride that firm these days. I have an all steel Surly which serves me well but, on vacation especially, I need something that will take beach sand better and run faster on the street among Golf Carts and other tourist contraptions on the roadway. Being able to pull a small trailer with a fishing pole and some drinks would be nice as well. I live in East Texas so, the Country Roads are pretty hilly and there is a lot of sand in the local soils so, driveways and pasture crossings are often pretty firm sand with soft sugar sand in low water crossing points.

What I think I want is a front suspension, disc hydraulic brakes, Shimano running gear, with a 27.5"x~3" tires. Range matters but, I don't need anything crazy and I want enough speed to be safe on the street so, ~25MPH on good roads.

What do I need to know for my online shopping? What brands and features should I seek out and avoid? Have I missed a good thread somewhere? Is a $3K~$4K budget reasonable for good quality options? Should I take a three day weekend and go to Austin, Dallas, or Houston to some retail stores?

TIA,
Sid

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005826
Mobile Version of Website