Assegai-DHR2 or Ass-Dissector?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Assegai-DHR2 or Ass-Dissector?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 18:39 Quote
New England rider, Marin Alpine Trail XR came with Assegai front and rear, but the rear is a little too slow for my liking. I ride park a couple times a year, but mostly pedal up enduro or trail style riding. I know the DHR2 is the default rear tire but the dissector looks good too. Thoughts?

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 16:52 Quote
dantecusolito wrote:
New England rider, Marin Alpine Trail XR came with Assegai front and rear, but the rear is a little too slow for my liking. I ride park a couple times a year, but mostly pedal up enduro or trail style riding. I know the DHR2 is the default rear tire but the dissector looks good too. Thoughts?

Dhr is much better for park, but will be slower than a dissector. Choice is yours if you’d prefer the rolling speed on trails or if you’d prefer more grip and cornering from the dhr. Personally I don’t go for the speed on climbs or trail so I’d prefer the grip of the dhr on the downhills and at the park. Also just saw you said New England so if you ride pretty rocky tech stuff and kinda ride hard and aggressive the dhr might be better

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 17:52 Quote
That is interesting it came with Assegai front and rear. I run front and rear Assegai, but pay a big penalty on climbs. It is kind of a niche setup. I like it but it's unusual.

If you ride park, consider the DHR. It breaks free sooner than the Assegai in corners ( a lot of riders like that), but is faster, especially on climbs. If you ride a lot of enduro and trail, people also seem to prefer the DHR over dissector for aggressive riding.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.004811
Mobile Version of Website