Lyrik with Smashpot issue

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Lyrik with Smashpot issue
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 5:34 Quote
I have a Lyrik RC which came stock on my 2018 Transition Sentinel. Last year I got the Vorsprung Smashpot coil conversion kit and had my local shop install it. While it was apart they did a lower service.

I have to say, the coil conversion is a huge upgrade. I have so much more feel for what the front tire is doing, while my hands are much more comfortable on long descents.

But this summer I’m having an issue. When I get on the bike, my weight balanced between grips and pedals, the fork sags as normal, but then seems to stick. When I push down on it, there is a noticeable hesitation to dive into the travel, and a noticeable breakaway. I also feel it when coming down from wheelies and manuals. I’m feeling slightly unpredictable harshness on the trail, so my hands feel beat up after a day at the bike park. What do you think would cause this? Bushings worn out? Damper? Can’t be the spring, right? I don’t have the tools/experience/time to tear it down myself, and I don’t want to lose 3 weeks of my summer to have my shop work on it.

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 6:16 Quote
Damper needs a service most likely.

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 10:02 Quote
Could be as simple as a lowers service, could be the damper as somebody-else said. But if you can't fix it and you don't want to wait for your shop to fix it I guess it's a moot point.

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 10:21 Quote
eshew wrote:
Could be as simple as a lowers service, could be the damper as somebody-else said. But if you can't fix it and you don't want to wait for your shop to fix it I guess it's a moot point.

Haha I hear you, I guess I'm building my case to justify buying a new fork to use immediately, while having my Lyrik serviced in order to sell it.

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 1:40 Quote
Service the lowers, it's not a difficult job and will get them back to working properly. Its a 30mins job, max.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005884
Mobile Version of Website