UK parts manufacturers?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
UK parts manufacturers?
Previous Page |
Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 12:34 Quote
There’s a long and a short story, so I’ll keep it short.

Which bike component (not frame) manufacturers actually make their products in the UK?

Uberbike (‘Made in Sheffield’ range)
Superstar Components (‘Made in UK’ range)
Royce - hubs, BB
Hope Tech - hubs, brakes, rotors, cranks
Carder Tech - pedals, seatpost clamp
Burgtech (?)
Works Components
Pace - steel frame sets
Renthal (?)
Middleburn / BETD Goldtech
U.S.E - carbon & dropper seatposts,
Brooks
Clarks (Made overseas)
Unite co. (Made overseas)
Pembree - pedals & seatpost clamp
Carbon Wasp - XC frame, cranks, aero bars

Please add (or correct) any of the above. I’m really looking for hub, rim and crank manufacturers for a project build just now.

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 14:34 Quote
Aren't Hope rims made out East?

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 14:38 Quote
Gotta admit that I do and would only support by buying some of those you've listed.

Supershite can kiss goodbye to any of my monies lol. Then again they never appeared to want my monies in first place of trying to order a set of wheels by contacting them.
Got distinct impression I was hassling them for asking a basic query regarding axle adaptors.

Pmsl

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 5:46 Quote
DmoorDevil wrote:
Supershite can kiss goodbye to any of my monies lol.

Superstar Components? My experience has been very positive. Helpful service, when asking for something bespoke or about plans for Microspline hubs and product quality appears to be on a par with Hope. I’d use them again.

DmoorDevil wrote:
Aren't Hope rims made out East?

If Hope rims are made out east, then I’ll be looking elsewhere. But where?

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 5:53 Quote
Specifically on cranks:

Unite’s are made in the UK, but appear to force you towards SRAM chainrings. Am I correct on this?

DMR’s are not UK manufactured and force you to use their own BB (Praxis which are US).

Hope Tech I believe are made in the UK.

Middleburn are UK made (I still have a pair from 1992 on Pace RC200).

Is there anyone else that I’ve missed?

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 13:28 Quote
OtterOne wrote:

Which bike component (not frame) manufacturers actually make their products in the UK?

Royce
Hope Tech
Carder Tech
Burgtech (?)
Works Components
Pace
Renthal
U.S.E
Brooks
Clarks (?)
Unite Co

Please add (or correct) any of the above. I’m really looking for hub, rim and crank manufacturers for a project build just now.

Hi mate,

Pembre pedals are made %100 in UK and brilliant quality.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 13:29 Quote
OtterOne wrote:

Royce
Hope Tech
Carder Tech
Burgtech (?)
Works Components
Pace
Renthal
U.S.E
Brooks
Clarks (?)
Unite Co

What do you think about Uberbike pedals? I have a downhill bike and I am in between Uberbike pedals (1 year guarantee )and Nukeproof Pro Downhill pedals (2yrs guarantee)

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 14:26 Quote
I think uber bike might get stuff made in China...their expensive finned rotors are an exact copy of ones sold by various brands under different names on Ali express for less than half the price...I thought I would try them and they were total crap so immediately purchased a set of Maguras...Night and day.

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 15:00 Quote
Renthal MTB bars are made overseas. To my knowledge, only their moto stuff is made in the UK.

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 5:46 Quote
delta5 wrote:
Renthal MTB bars are made overseas. To my knowledge, only their moto stuff is made in the UK.

I had a bloody hunch this might be the case

Please tell me their mtb rings are made here?

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 8:37 Quote
TravellerSeko wrote:
What do you think about Uberbike pedals? I have a downhill bike and I am in between Uberbike pedals (1 year guarantee )and Nukeproof Pro Downhill pedals (2yrs guarantee)

Mine arrived today and they look/feel great. Quite light, decent size platform and a good concave above the axle.

Can’t comment on how grippy they are (but the new star pins announced today look like an improvement) or how well they last as they are not on a bike yet.

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 8:39 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
I think uber bike might get stuff made in China.

They have a ‘Made in Sheffield’ range but that’s only some of their products. No idea where the rest are made.

Got their brake pads on one bike and have been an improvement (over the stock, worn ones so not really a good comparison).

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 8:42 Quote
[Quote]
Pembre pedals are made %100 in UK and brilliant quality.[/Quote]

Thanks, I’ll add that to the list.

They do look good and have clearly stated their eco-credentials, and are similarly priced to others.

However, the bearings come from Germany…

But almost three times the price of Uberbikes…

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 8:44 Quote
delta5 wrote:

I’m not disputing as I’ve no idea, but why make bars for one discipline in UK and another overseas? Seems a rather odd way to do business.

What about the rest of their products?

Posted: Aug 21, 2022 at 11:50 Quote
OtterOne wrote:
delta5 wrote:

I’m not disputing as I’ve no idea, but why make bars for one discipline in UK and another overseas? Seems a rather odd way to do business.

What about the rest of their products?

Probably because the moto stuff is alloy and it's easy to bend and weld tube and probably more cost effective. Carbon is a whole different ball game and is more cost effective to get outsourced.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006220
Mobile Version of Website