Bad batches of Minions ? Multiple punctures at the same place?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Bad batches of Minions ? Multiple punctures at the same place?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 11:39 Quote
Anyone else having problems with minion tyres lately? I got a puncture last month right where the tyre beams on to the rim. I plugged it but then I noticed a friend of mine has three plugs on his minion all in the exact same place.

Anyway I had a race Sunday and double flatted on a brand new front tyre and my rear is not that old either. Both punctures identical to the others. I was running tyre inserts and about 21 psi front and 23 rear on trails that are not crazy rocky. I weigh 75kg so its not that low a pressure. that's 6 identical punctures between me and my friend on 3 tyres. I've never had problems with minions before. Coincidence or are there bad batches going around?

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 12:42 Quote
IMO, the pressure might be a little low for your weight. What size tire are you running?

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 13:44 Quote
mopartodd wrote:
IMO, the pressure might be a little low for your weight. What size tire are you running?

29 x 2.6 tyres. I've been running 22psi up front forever with no problems and I even had tyre inserts for the first time last weekend so I figure 20 psi should be no problem. I know a lot of other people running much lower pressures.

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 15:08 Quote
Well, cuts near the tire bead are usually from rim strikes so....

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 4:07 Quote
humoroususername wrote:
mopartodd wrote:

29 x 2.6 tyres. I've been running 22psi up front forever with no problems and I even had tyre inserts for the first time last weekend so I figure 20 psi should be no problem. I know a lot of other people running much lower pressures.

That pressure should be good in that tire. Maybe the QC on the tires has fallen off lately. Seen it with other products too.

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 12:11 Quote
eshew wrote:
Well, cuts near the tire bead are usually from rim strikes so....

+1

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005849
Mobile Version of Website