Wheelset help -- DT Swiss EX1700 vs Industry Nine Enduro S

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Wheelset help -- DT Swiss EX1700 vs Industry Nine Enduro S
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 7:31 Quote
DT Swiss EX1700 (front and rear) - $427 + $617 = $1044

or

Industry Nine Enduro S (wheelset) - $995

Which wheelset would hold up better to a heavy rider (255lbs+ kitted). I ride mostly pretty flat trails, but like to air it out and get aggressive when possible. I figure an enduro wheelset would be better suited for me, and both of these sets are within my budget. Anyone ridden both or have opinions on either set?

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 8:02 Quote
I'm a DT Swiss fan.

I9 have their popular following, but it's always DT for me. I've bashed the hell out of my DTs and they've been good to me. Hubs are great - I like the rear for simplicity and maintenance ease.

But if you prefer the loud buzz when coasting then you'll want the I9 probably.

BTW - DT has great rims. The EX 1700 is a complete wheel (rim, spokes, hub). You can get badass rims and built exceptionally strong wheels with some of DT's other offerings. Check out the EX 511 rim - very capable rim and I'd get the one with 32 holes for strength over weight. Couple that with the DT 350 hubs and some sweet double butted spokes, brass nipples and it's pretty bombproof.

Good luck.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 10:58 Quote
sjv13 wrote:

or

Which wheelset would hold up better to a heavy rider (255lbs+ kitted). I ride mostly pretty flat trails, but like to air it out and get aggressive when possible. I figure an enduro wheelset would be better suited for me, and both of these sets are within my budget. Anyone ridden both or have opinions on either set?

Iā€™d take the dt wheels. I9 have had some issues with spokes coming loose and rims dent kinda easier.

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 8:13 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
I'm a DT Swiss fan.

I9 have their popular following, but it's always DT for me. I've bashed the hell out of my DTs and they've been good to me. Hubs are great - I like the rear for simplicity and maintenance ease.

BTW - DT has great rims. The EX 1700 is a complete wheel (rim, spokes, hub). You can get badass rims and built exceptionally strong wheels with some of DT's other offerings. Check out the EX 511 rim - very capable rim and I'd get the one with 32 holes for strength over weight. Couple that with the DT 350 hubs and some sweet double butted spokes, brass nipples and it's pretty bombproof.

Good luck.

Is the rim that comes on the EX1700 wheel not just basically an EX 511? The EX 511 is $150, rear 350 hub is $310. The rest of the price difference could easily be spokes, nipples, and labor.

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 8:23 Quote
sjv13 wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:
I'm a DT Swiss fan.

Good luck.

Is the rim that comes on the EX1700 wheel not just basically an EX 511? The EX 511 is $150, rear 350 hub is $310. The rest of the price difference could easily be spokes, nipples, and labor.

Actually, yes it is. Not sure how I didn't notice that before.

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 9:27 Quote
sjv13 wrote:

or

Go for DT Ex1700. I've had both and the DT are way more durable. They came stock on my transition spire and I ended up selling them to fund a carbon wheelset, but they were bombproof for 4 months of riding rocky tech and park laps. Hubs aren't as nice as I9 but for a heaver rider the durability aspect is way worth it.

I went through 3 I9 enduro s rims in two years before I decided to save them for my trail bike build, spokes would come loose all the time riding rough stuff fast. 180 lbs kitted up aggressive rider for reference.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007543
Mobile Version of Website