Does a 'stiff', 1.125", long-travel 32 mm stanchion fork exist?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Does a 'stiff', 1.125", long-travel 32 mm stanchion fork exist?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 14:08 Quote
Yeah, I own a 26 MTB', Let's not beat that issue to death...

I have certainly read articles claiming one fork was more stiff than another but this is not the same thing as a truly stiff 32 mm fork w/150-170 mm of travel. Through axle technology can help improve this but I suspect I might be better off trying to spend energy locating a long travel fork with 34 or 35 mm stanchions. Finding candidates with the 1-1/8" steer tube requires patience and a desire to rebuild a fork. I can believe a 140 mm, 32 mm stanchion fork w/through axle can be sufficiently stiff but I do not think this is a large sector of the market.

Please let me know. I have no preference for a particular brand or fork. In addition to having the 1.125" steer tube I need it to have parts availability for an extended period of time or information that can permit me to fabricate any parts I might need in the future.

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 18:09 Quote
Yeah, the 35 mm Lyrik would be good but the Solo Air is not great. It would probably work fine for me. But if I consider 35 mm stanchion forks I should probably consider the Marzocchi 55 series.

Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 3:56 Quote
Well there ya go!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008469
Mobile Version of Website