Edmonton: Land of the fat bike

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Edmonton: Land of the fat bike
Posted: Jul 6, 2017 at 7:31 Quote
Jibteck wrote:
Who wants to go ride jasper or Banff !?

in moose this weekend and wanna ride razors saturday morning

Posted: Jul 6, 2017 at 18:13 Quote
We going to jasper tommorow morning. Do some riding the cliff jumping then ride Saturday come home Sunday after a run !

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2017 at 15:20 Quote
3whip wrote:
And the reason they are neglected is because people feel the need to keep them secret, but those are also the people that never dig or ride there anymore. So the jumps are abandoned until someone like you finds them and buffs them up again. It's sad really, I wish more people knew about them so it could be maintained and expanded.

Where is it? Like southeast of cameron heights?

Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 10:41 Quote
Anyone know who is digging down at deciple 13 in Devon?
Looks like good stuff, i'm interested in helping.

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 20:32 Quote
nooneshome wrote:
Anyone know who is digging down at deciple 13 in Devon?
Looks like good stuff, i'm interested in helping.
that trail is fun, Simon would know

Posted: Nov 2, 2017 at 10:49 Quote
Hey guys. I know the season is pretty much over but I guess now is the time to plan for next year. I've been thinking about throwing some stuff down around the End of The World and building some other freeride/downhill/dirt jump type stuff around the city in the spring. What do you guys think about that kind of stuff? And who would be down to dig and ride that type of thing? I think it would be a blast to have that kind of stuff in the city

Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 11:46 Quote
Where’s the end of the world? Can’t find anything on Trailforks. I’d def be down to help out build some jumps come spring!

Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 16:53 Quote
I would be down. It's not on trailforks but I will screenshot it and Pm to you

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2017 at 16:00 Quote
I was keeping it to myself and a few of my buddies, but I will be leaving Edmonton within the next few months. The trail I have started is in the area where you are suggesting. I will do my best to describe it to you with a few details about where I planned to take it. Location, it is right beside ass over tea kettle. To find it, take tea kettle down to the first jump. To the left, there is a walking trail. Walk up the trail just a little bit and you will be able to see where I have started to clear. There will be some stuff somewhat built already, so you can work off of that if you like. Take a look and see if you like what I have so far. If you go to the end of the line to that last jump, there are many options for you to take. It will take some clearing, but look down there and you can find a large opening with huge potential for a line of jumps.

O+
Posted: Dec 11, 2017 at 21:18 Quote
Just a heads up to everyone out fat biking (or mashing through the ice on a trail bike), I ran into a sketchy situation at Old Timers tonight. Half way through my first lap I came across a guy on the trail. He was wearing a black hoodie, had a creepy old school goalie mask flipped up on his head and had 2 fat bike wheels in his hands. He was startled at first, but quickly asked if I wanted to buy the wheels. I declined, and cruised quickly along the trail. At a fork not far away I looked to the right and saw 4 others on bikes hiding in the bush. I took the other turn and smashed it as fast as I could back to the truck. So weird. Happy riding and hope this helps.

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2017 at 8:32 Quote
A film about freeride:

https://vimeo.com/221938560

There is a screening at Telus World of Science on January 24, 2018.

http://telusworldofscienceedmonton.ca/films/moment

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2017 at 8:32 Quote
chainslap wrote:
Just a heads up to everyone out fat biking (or mashing through the ice on a trail bike), I ran into a sketchy situation at Old Timers tonight. Half way through my first lap I came across a guy on the trail. He was wearing a black hoodie, had a creepy old school goalie mask flipped up on his head and had 2 fat bike wheels in his hands. He was startled at first, but quickly asked if I wanted to buy the wheels. I declined, and cruised quickly along the trail. At a fork not far away I looked to the right and saw 4 others on bikes hiding in the bush. I took the other turn and smashed it as fast as I could back to the truck. So weird. Happy riding and hope this helps.

Thanks for the heads up. Rode through the area on Saturday and the only sketchy part was the fact that everything was covered in ice.

O+
Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 10:49 Quote
jakecoyes wrote:
And who would be down to dig and ride that type of thing? I think it would be a blast to have that kind of stuff in the city

I agree, feel free to PM me come spring/summer for an extra hand.

O+
Posted: Jan 15, 2018 at 23:19 Quote
Hey all, just looking to get the word out as one of my bikes was stolen from my garage over the weekend (luckily they did not steal the other...). Happened in the Delton area (123ave 95st) on Saturday evening, police report has been filed as well. It's a 2013 Norco Truax 3, mostly stock, but has upgraded rear shock to RS Vivid Air, Chromag OSX bars (black), Shimano SLX brakes front/back, KS Eten 100mm dropper. The seat has a tear in the back from a crash a couple years back. Few pics:
photo
photo

If anyone sees this bike around please PM me, thanks.

Posted: Jan 15, 2018 at 23:23 Quote
That SUX..I HATE thieves. Good luck, hope you get it back..Maybe someone will kick the a hols thieves a$$.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023801
Mobile Version of Website