Any enthusiasts from Ireland?!?!?!...

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Any enthusiasts from Ireland?!?!?!...
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 16:23 Quote
richardsouthernextreme wrote:
there's always people there man just get there early to get a place in the car park, check out www.mbcc.ie for info on spins there, look up the MBUL website as well.
Been looking for Irish mtb sites for ages but couldnt find any good onesSmile Thanks!Smile

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 at 8:52 Quote
info on the first round of the downhill NPS can be found here http://www.irishdh.com/race-preview/irish-nps-round-1-rostrevor-6-7-april.html

the track is mint, either one there and its very handy to get to. would be worth going to.

oh we are almost finished building the new track for NPS round 3 in Dunmanway and it is mint, cant say anymore about it but its tough and technical.

Posted: Mar 28, 2008 at 16:08 Quote
the new dunmanway track many jumps or is it fast and technical

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 29, 2008 at 7:24 Quote
fast with HUGE ski jumps (40 feet etc) up top, tight steep bit then fast tech stuff (lots of roots and rocks and its mostly off camber) to finish with a wee river jump to top it off. sooo much fun to ride and it not finished yet either, gotta rebuild the top section.

the old track is fast with a few tech bit and great flow with small jumps and gregs track will be bonkers when its finished, full on world cup stuff the whole way down.

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 at 14:42 Quote
Well lads,
From Tipp myself here,
we have a few lads in Cahir in the Scaragh woods in the galtee's,we built a few great DH tracks there, nothing much for xc riders tho.
Maybe ya can head out to us sometime, would be great to see some more DH-ers to come to our tracks.
Big Grin

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 at 15:59 Quote
JDilleen wrote:
Well lads,
From Tipp myself here,
we have a few lads in Cahir in the Scaragh woods in the galtee's,we built a few great DH tracks there, nothing much for xc riders tho.
Maybe ya can head out to us sometime, would be great to see some more DH-ers to come to our tracks.
Big Grin

Same here..Tipperary!!!Smile ..Closer to Limerick tho..Would love to see those tracks of yours!Smile ..I've only xc bike at the moment but waiting on bigger bike to come..Would be great to test it over thereSmile ..Will let you know once I'll be readySmile ..
Have you any pics of your place?..Would be fun to see Salute ..

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 19, 2008 at 13:50 Quote
if you get this in time the 021 lads are doing some uplift there on sunday if your up for it.

Posted: Apr 19, 2008 at 13:54 Quote
Ya, I heard Rory will be out, my friend bought one of his Grossman Frames, I'll defo be out Big Grin

O+ FL
Posted: May 19, 2008 at 1:58 Quote
http://www.irishdh.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5579

Coaching course in Dunmanway Co Cork with Glyn O'Brien. would be well worth going to.

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 11:51 Quote
The track I was talking about earlier has been confirmed for the National Champs in July, track is sooo fast and technical now, location is hush hush tho, not completely finished yet.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 6, 2008 at 14:01 Quote
ya and that step up looks class as well

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 14:38 Quote
I'm a bit skecthy on wether to hit the step-up, haha, it's Huge.
The road gap needs work, but if you dont hit that, the chicken run is gonna add like 10 seconds to your overall time.

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 8:03 Quote
alrite lads, based in dublin and thinkin of gettin into a few races, any tips or anything? never raced before

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 at 3:51 Quote
ok if you want to start racing just show up to a race and give it a go, there is a sports class for newbe's and everyone was on the same boat at some stage.

the next race is the national champs in July but you need to pre enter that one. your best bet is to hang on until the race in bree Co wexford and do that one, its a nice handy track with nothing too big or scary so you can just have fun.

all the details are on www.irishdh.com anyway so just check that out.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016706
Mobile Version of Website