Older riders, but not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Older riders, but not "Old School"
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 16:11 Quote
Just excuse it as a brain fart.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 16:11 Quote
Basically a bunch of Bar/OS users decided to join themselves to this thread to make a rather drastic point. Myself among them. You guys were innocent bystanders, sorry bout that.

And with this, I unsubscribe.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 16:12 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
Just excuse it as a brain fart.

Farts can be dangerous considering our prune juice consumption....

Mod
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 16:12 Quote
I like dried dates. Now those are yummy!

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 16:13 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
robbie7127 wrote:
Ok...we lost like 10 pages? I guess they were cut out as the "spoiled brat-ites" came in and ranted on....weird??

Ok, so we cleaned it up, but do us a favor.

Referring to them as such isnt fair. You guys were lucky you had this thread, as chat threads are against our policies. So, give them a break.

I suggest you check out this thread and follow it, and we'll get this ball rolling so people dont interfere with eachother anymore.

I apologise, I was just quoting and using a term we have come to associate with the kind of person who behaves in a particular manner. I think it would only be conisdered offensive if the person reading it considered themselves to be described by the term, and if they did then it cannot be taken as offensive as it is mearly stating what they themselves already know?
I enjoy this forum, and enjoy talking to other like minded individuals, I would hate to think Pinkbike would "bow" to pressure to remove it.
You state that we are lucky to have this thread, I can agree with that however Pinkbike is lucky to have a group of people who contribute to the site (it was an old geezer who designed the shirts for PB). We "self regulate", there is little or no "trolling" from the regulars, we have discussed many and wide ranging topics in a civilised and may I say ADULT manner, I think the other forum users could learn a lot from our example...

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 16:14 Quote
robbie7127 wrote:
Hummeroid wrote:
robbie7127 wrote:
Ok...we lost like 10 pages? I guess they were cut out as the "spoiled brat-ites" came in and ranted on....weird??

Ok, so we cleaned it up, but do us a favor.

Referring to them as such isnt fair. You guys were lucky you had this thread, as chat threads are against our policies. So, give them a break.

I suggest you check out this thread and follow it, and we'll get this ball rolling so people dont interfere with eachother anymore.

I apologise, I was just quoting and using a term we have come to associate with the kind of person who behaves in a particular manner. I think it would only be conisdered offensive if the person reading it considered themselves to be described by the term, and if they did then it cannot be taken as offensive as it is mearly stating what they themselves already know?
I enjoy this forum, and enjoy talking to other like minded individuals, I would hate to think Pinkbike would "bow" to pressure to remove it.
You state that we are lucky to have this thread, I can agree with that however Pinkbike is lucky to have a group of people who contribute to the site (it was an old geezer who designed the shirts for PB). We "self regulate", there is little or no "trolling" from the regulars, we have discussed many and wide ranging topics in a civilised and may I say ADULT manner, I think the other forum users could learn a lot from our example...

Some of those "Brats" are the most contributing members of the site. Please move on.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 16:15 Quote
robbie7127 wrote:

And thats exactly why we're making some changes right now.

I just dont want you guys to have a bad taste in your mouth about all younger users, when they were revoked of a right you guys have. As you can see, tight spot for us mods. Double standard, or you end up screwing people who dont deserve it.

Anyway, yes, for the most part you guys do a good job.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 16:31 Quote
christophish wrote:
What is this thread Hummeroid speaks of?? New thread title!??! Looks the same to me. Help an old guy with dementia out????

Long story short: The younger posters that were in a ruckus came to this thread because they wanted another one like the one that got killed off for abuse last time, hence they came here. Radek just built them a new thread that will give them some more sense of ownership.

Make sense?

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 16:34 Quote
I can definately feel your guys' pain. It's a tough spot to be in and you can never keep everyone happy.

Moving on... So, Hummer...

How's that OMFG-STFU pivot working out for you, lol? I hear the rear-end can be kinda flexy.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 16:36 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
I can definately feel your guys' pain. It's a tough spot to be in and you can never keep everyone happy.

How's that OMFG-STFU pivot working out for you, lol? I hear the rear-end can be kinda flexy.

Twas the proper suspension system for today. Had to have a little flex to allow me not to kill people Razz

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 16:40 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

Twas the proper suspension system for today. Had to have a little flex to allow me not to kill people Razz
Haha, well said!

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 16:41 Quote
Anyone have any experience with vholdr helmet cams? They seem really nice but I dunno if it's worth the extra cash over the GoPros.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 16:45 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Anyone have any experience with vholdr helmet cams? They seem really nice but I dunno if it's worth the extra cash over the GoPros.

SO worth it. Even just for one reason: It has a laser it shines when you turn it on so you know where its aimed!

And vid quality is pretty stinkin nice.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 17:41 Quote
Tunes as weapons of mass distraction, jah ?

Technodubnobasmessingwithyourheadsonraggasounds:

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 17:49 Quote
i hope this thread stays alive all you guys keep me smiling even if i don't understand american healthcare.i look forward to reading anything and everything here as we all should have an opinion.plus this shit makes me ROFLOL most days.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009214
Mobile Version of Website