Where do you think your ride is from

PB Forum :: Downhill
Where do you think your ride is from
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 9:56 Quote
Hi everyone , like the title says where do you think your ride is from , i know my bike are from china because this is where i order them but frankly do you really know where its from , norco , most of them are from taiwan and china , specialized -china , iron horse ????, brodie china and india ,
as for youre bike do you know were it made , guess what even intense have bike made in india and taiwan,

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 10:02 Quote
Devinci, made in Canada.

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 10:06 Quote
doctorz wrote:
Hi everyone , like the title says where do you think your ride is from , i know my bike are from china because this is where i order them but frankly do you really know where its from , norco , most of them are from taiwan and china , specialized -china , iron horse ????, brodie china and india ,
as for youre bike do you know were it made , guess what even intense have bike made in india and taiwan,

i care HOW it's made not WHERE.
tup

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 10:11 Quote
Cannondale-Handemade in America, Pennsylvania

Mod
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 10:24 Quote
doctorz wrote:
guess what even intense have bike made in india and taiwan,
You are wrong about where Intense makes their bikes. They are all hand crafted/made in their factory in Temecula, California, USA. All of their bikes are produced out of that factory and that is why they cost a lot as it is more expensive to produce in the USA versus outsourcing frames to builders in China, Taiwan, and other developing countries. This should be absolutely no surprise to anyone as the industry has been making parts overseas for years. This isn't a new phenomenon either. Giant's bikes are made in Taiwan and even some of the Yeti bikes are made in Taiwan except for the 303 DH, AS-Rsl, Special Projects, and all race bikes and prototypes. The Yeti ARC, AS-X, DJ, 575 are all made in Taiwan. Kona's bikes are also made in Taiwan and so are the majority of the frames on the market today!

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 13:10 Quote
i will find the proof regarding intense but i do believe your right maybe what i saa in alibaba.com was probably a scam

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 14:49 Quote
Some company will say made in the usa but that could mean put toghter. But if they say fabricated they mean welded

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 14:53 Quote
dobermann. Made in quebec. Got drunk with the dude who welded my frame. (haha, gab!)
Taiwanese bikes are way cheaper. Hence why only a handful of bikes are made in N. America. It's just a question of econimics. A 12 year old frame-welder in China costs way less than Chris Dekerf!

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 14:58 Quote
Taiwan JEA, go giant haha

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 15:04 Quote
one from taiwan and one from california.

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 15:06 Quote
Canada baby! Well, for my RM switch anyways. I think my Superlight is from taiwan, but i don't really know for sure.

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 15:08 Quote
.243 Racing, Hand Built right here In beautiful British COlumbia Canada.

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 15:13 Quote
Orange, made in the UK... beat that! Wink
astrix is made in china, but the man who owns the company and designs the frames lives about a mile away from me...

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 15:14 Quote
my norco say made in canada right on it but iknow its made in tawain or china somewhere

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008410
Mobile Version of Website