Outer 3 fingers pulling

PB Forum :: Downhill
Outer 3 fingers pulling
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 3, 2022 at 10:26 Quote
Hi all,

Got a new bike/setup and purely on descents I’m feeling a strong pull on the outer 3 fingers of each hand throughout the whole run, sore after a day, I’m consciously not death gripping the bars that’s for sure, I’m thinking the right way to adjust the setup before I go out next is raise the bars?

Anyone else experienced this?

Posted: Sep 3, 2022 at 13:27 Quote
Hmm, I'm thinking the geometry isn't quite setup for you.

Reach is probably more than's comfortable for you. Raising and rotating the bars is a start for definite, could possibly even need a shorter stem as well.

Posted: Sep 7, 2022 at 3:33 Quote
You probably need a bar with more backsweep and a shorter stem...try some comfier grips to like odi dreadlocks or esi.

Posted: Sep 15, 2022 at 17:19 Quote
My money is on your grips are to thin or just not enough padding in them causing your hands to take a battering.

Try some fatter grips, I like Lizard Skins North Shore grips, easy to put on and they have a decent amount of padding to them. Or something like Wolf Tooth fat paw which offer the maximum amount of padding a grip can offer.

Alternatively I would also look at raising your bar height and/or reducing the reach.

O+
Posted: Sep 15, 2022 at 18:14 Quote
After about 65yrs hanging on to handlebars, I can vouch for the ODI Dreadlocks also.
Not sure if that is your issue though.
As suggested, try rotating your bars forward & backward & see if a different position helps.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013822
Mobile Version of Website