Where would you move?

• Next Page
Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 6:57 Quote
We also considered moving to Bellingham a few years ago. Seems very spendy for housing.

Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 7:35 Quote
Some place you can ride year round ,being covered up in snow 4 months out of the year would suck imo.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 9:57 Quote
kiranseligman wrote:
ShawMac wrote:
Squamish is expensive, crowded, limited services for the population level and the riding is sub-par.

Bellingham sounds like a good choice.

You ever ridden in bellingham?

Nope. Maybe one day.

Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 11:05 Quote
Weather is a factor too. Lots of people moved out here during the pandemic and constantly complain about the winters and wanting to move back to where they came from. If rain or winter dreariness is a concern you may want to spend a winter out here before you move your life.

Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 15:51 Quote
Certainly expensive up here, lived in Bellingham area 24yrs and would like to move for some reasons, but my job is good and the riding is good. Housing is pretty expensive right now around here. Not sure where I would go currently anyway.

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 16:46 Quote
joelsman wrote:
Certainly expensive up here, lived in Bellingham area 24yrs and would like to move for some reasons, but my job is good and the riding is good. Housing is pretty expensive right now around here. Not sure where I would go currently anyway.

Where are you located?

Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 18:49 Quote
Ferndale, about 5miles northwest of Bellingham
Takes me 20-25min to get to galbraith from my house which is on the north side of Ferndale driving.

Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 23:20 Quote
Bm1117 wrote:
Weather is a factor too. Lots of people moved out here during the pandemic and constantly complain about the winters and wanting to move back to where they came from. If rain or winter dreariness is a concern you may want to spend a winter out here before you move your life.

Thanks for the response! I do far far better with the cold than with the heat, and also I ski tour so quite stoked for winter anyway! I find the ski touring world a much easier place to build community which is why I asked on pinkbike, and I do think Bellingham will be the end destination.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012245
Mobile Version of Website