Fork Change, Fox 34 to Lyric RC2 - worth it?

PB Forum :: 29ers
Fork Change, Fox 34 to Lyric RC2 - worth it?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 7, 2022 at 6:16 Quote
I mainly ride flow trails and bike parks, with a little all mountain thrown in. Most recently I have been riding the Swiss bikeparks (and some in France), visting about 6 times a year.

For 2 years I rode a YT Capra 27.5 with a Lyrik (when the geo was updated) - I loved the bike and was super confortable, but due to a nasty injury 2 years ago I sold it, as I just wasnt using it.

I bought a 130mm Radon Skeen Trail CF bike with a Fox 34 Rhythm for trail riding, which has been fantastic (kind of like a Jeffsey). After I recovered, I realised that 130mm was too little so changed the travel to 140mm. It is *just* enough atm, but after a days easyish BP riding I am destroyed.

I have 6 spacers in the Fox 34, it's set up with a Shockwiz, with it being 'green' for everything - with what I put it through it does a decent job, but no way near as plush as the Capra.

I recently found out that the Skeen frame is the exact same as the Radon Slide 160mm Enduro bike, with the engineers advising me that I can put on a longer fork without issue and also increase rear travel to 150mm. The rear change is done, but now looking at which fork to buy.

It meansI can get a 160mm bike again for just the price of the fork rather than changing bike.

I am thinking of a Lyrik RC2 Ultimate 51mm offset. Just wondering if anyone could let me know their experiences with the fork, especially compared to a Fox 34.

Any help appreciated!

Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 10:04 Quote
Marc2211 wrote:
I mainly ride flow trails and bike parks, with a little all mountain thrown in. Most recently I have been riding the Swiss bikeparks (and some in France), visting about 6 times a year.

For 2 years I rode a YT Capra 27.5 with a Lyrik (when the geo was updated) - I loved the bike and was super confortable, but due to a nasty injury 2 years ago I sold it, as I just wasnt using it.

I bought a 130mm Radon Skeen Trail CF bike with a Fox 34 Rhythm for trail riding, which has been fantastic (kind of like a Jeffsey). After I recovered, I realised that 130mm was too little so changed the travel to 140mm. It is *just* enough atm, but after a days easyish BP riding I am destroyed.

I have 6 spacers in the Fox 34, it's set up with a Shockwiz, with it being 'green' for everything - with what I put it through it does a decent job, but no way near as plush as the Capra.

I recently found out that the Skeen frame is the exact same as the Radon Slide 160mm Enduro bike, with the engineers advising me that I can put on a longer fork without issue and also increase rear travel to 150mm. The rear change is done, but now looking at which fork to buy.

It meansI can get a 160mm bike again for just the price of the fork rather than changing bike.

I am thinking of a Lyrik RC2 Ultimate 51mm offset. Just wondering if anyone could let me know their experiences with the fork, especially compared to a Fox 34.

Any help appreciated!

Well, for better or worse I orderd the Lyrik I should be able to answer myself next week >

Posted: Sep 12, 2022 at 18:18 Quote
Good call on the Lyrik, you're going to love it! It's not as plush as the fox34 at a slower pace, but it's really good when charging through rough stuff, and you can always run a bit more sag if you find it harsh compared to the fox34.

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2022 at 8:24 Quote
I went from a Fox 34 Float Kashima grip2 damper to a MY2023 rockshox pike ultimate. Had 2 ride in so far and I think the RS is a better fork for how it feels on the trails. it does not beat me up like the Fox 34.

O+
Posted: Sep 20, 2022 at 16:43 Quote
ckspeed wrote:
I went from a Fox 34 Float Kashima grip2 damper to a MY2023 rockshox pike ultimate. Had 2 ride in so far and I think the RS is a better fork for how it feels on the trails. it does not beat me up like the Fox 34.

Agreed. I rode a Fox 36 with Grip2 and it was just a bit harsh over small bumps, which adds up over 10-15 miles of riding. Lyrik ultimate is so amazing. Small bump compliance is noticeably better and with stock spacers, bottom out is not an issue. I did feel like the Fox performed a bit better as very high speed over rough terrain, but I rarely have the chance to ride that terrain.

Posted: Sep 20, 2022 at 17:51 Quote
I use my Lyrik at the bike park as well as for enduro and tech style riding in my locale. I love the fork and never feel outgunned. I think it is a burlier fork than the 34 and likely compares more to the 36. I think you will like it.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010482
Mobile Version of Website