Custom DJ: Front Wheel & Fork Choice... Need help

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Custom DJ: Front Wheel & Fork Choice... Need help
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 11, 2022 at 16:48 Quote
I'm looking at building up a custom Partymaster V2 Frame - Keeping the price mid-range I was looking at the Rockshox Pike DJ fork and Spank Spoon Wheels. However, the Pike DJ is 15x100 and the Spank Spoon front wheel is 20x110. Any suggestions? I want to use the Pike DJ fork but I'm open to new wheels if they're in the same price range.

Posted: Sep 15, 2022 at 18:39 Quote
Hmm, interesting project.

For forks there's even FOX 36 831 Dirt Jump as an option.

For wheels though, I'd definitely think something more geared towards DH use. Just because they'll more than cope with anything you can throw at them.

Possibly even buying components separately and building the best you can.

Just ideas though.

Posted: Sep 16, 2022 at 7:20 Quote
Have a custom wheel laced or lace one yourself using a spank wheel. I've built 6 sets of wheels now and it's quite gratifying riding what you have built yourself. For my dj wheels I use the spank spike race 33, after talking with spank i was told the 33 and spoon are the same strength.

Posted: Sep 16, 2022 at 7:24 Quote
The spank spoons should come with adapters to fit a 15mm. If not you can just buy the adapter separate. Halo chaos is another good option for mid priced dj wheels.

Posted: Sep 16, 2022 at 9:06 Quote
i believe you can use the 15mm caps made for the oozy and spike front hubs with the newer spoon hubs

https://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=68178

15x100mm TA, Pair (Fits Oozy and Spike Front Hubs)
Spank Hub Conversion Kits - 15x100mm TA, Pair (Fits Oozy and Spike Front Hubs)
Used on Oozy, Spike and newer Spoon wheelsets

Posted: Sep 16, 2022 at 15:14 Quote
Man you guys are the best! This is exactly the info I was looking for! Thank you!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011046
Mobile Version of Website