jbrown-15 wrote:
barp wrote:
Dead Horse

So why do you keep posting? You've contributed nothing to this thread.....lol
Well nothing besides your great jokes.

Dead Horse

Posted: Sep 19, 2022 at 12:29 Quote
DmoorDevil wrote:
Who ever is running the show at trickstuff sure needs to sort out production and delivery times.

No f 'in way on earth I would wait that long no matter how vain I were in obtaining a set.

Definitely agree with the first part of your post, second part I waited it out.....lol

But I have awesome brakes to begin with so it's not like I was desperate to get them. I'm still wondering how they'll be a big step up from my current XTR Lever/MT5 caliper setup.

Posted: Sep 19, 2022 at 12:39 Quote
jbrown-15 wrote:
DmoorDevil wrote:
Who ever is running the show at trickstuff sure needs to sort out production and delivery times.

No f 'in way on earth I would wait that long no matter how vain I were in obtaining a set.

Definitely agree with the first part of your post, second part I waited it out.....lol

But I have awesome brakes to begin with so it's not like I was desperate to get them. I'm still wondering how they'll be a big step up from my current XTR Lever/MT5 caliper setup.

Agree, I'm in line for a set also but don't mind waiting either, I didn't buy them for a "need" but as a "want" since my Shigura brakes are already strong enough.

FL
Posted: Sep 19, 2022 at 15:06 Quote
barp wrote:
jbrown-15 wrote:
My Trickstuff Maxima’s just shipped though so all that might have just gone out the window though…..lol

Wow, happy 10th anniversary of placing your Trickstuff order!

I actually lol’ed at this, so you definitely should consider a career in comedy. Also as a counter point to jbrown-15, if I spent over $1k on brakes and waited for two years to get them, the confirmation bias would be very real on those brakes… never tried them and I’m sure they’re some of the best on the market or whatever but I doubt they will make anyone exponentially faster or anything, just might look like a baller and have some pretty solid brakes. I’m rambling, but moral of the story is I’m sure that the other brakes on the market work well enough for the pros as well as us mortals.

Posted: Sep 19, 2022 at 15:20 Quote
Tsmith1234 wrote:
barp wrote:
jbrown-15 wrote:
My Trickstuff Maxima’s just shipped though so all that might have just gone out the window though…..lol

I actually lol’ed at this, so you definitely should consider a career in comedy. Also as a counter point to jbrown-15, if I spent over $1k on brakes and waited for two years to get them, the confirmation bias would be very real on those brakes… never tried them and I’m sure they’re some of the best on the market or whatever but I doubt they will make anyone exponentially faster or anything, just might look like a baller and have some pretty solid brakes. I’m rambling, but moral of the story is I’m sure that the other brakes on the market work well enough for the pros as well as us mortals.
That's the thing though, you don't pay anything, not a dollar until they are ready to ship unlike my suppressor were I bought it, paid for it then sat on ATF jail for 11 months.
Trickstuff brakes are a luxury for sure, but I wanted them so I I'm getting a set. Dream build...

Posted: Sep 19, 2022 at 15:44 Quote
Tsmith1234 wrote:
barp wrote:
jbrown-15 wrote:

Again, I didn't spend a dime on them at the time of ordering them. Didn't even require a non-refundable $100 deposit like everyones Telsa Cyber trucks....lol

I literally ordered them and went on living my life like normal till just a couple weeks ago when I got the email to pay for my brakes that are now ready to ship. If I didn't them I wouldn't have lost anything and they would have just emailed the next person on the list waiting for theirs.

Posted: Sep 19, 2022 at 17:59 Quote
Tsmith1234 wrote:
I actually lol’ed at this, so you definitely should consider a career in comedy.

Thanks! As a little kid, my original answer to "what do you want to be when you grow up?" was "stand-up comedian". In high school, I wanted to become a lawyer.

I did neither--became a bike mechanic. But I never miss an opportunity to crack a joke.

Posted: Sep 19, 2022 at 19:12 Quote
barp wrote:
Tsmith1234 wrote:
I actually lol’ed at this, so you definitely should consider a career in comedy.

Thanks! As a little kid, my original answer to "what do you want to be when you grow up?" was "stand-up comedian". In high school, I wanted to become a lawyer.

I did neither--became a bike mechanic. But I never miss an opportunity to crack a joke.

I’d like to retract my original post, you should be a comedian Francis. Always dream big Big Grin

Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 4:31 Quote
jbrown-15 wrote:
DmoorDevil wrote:

Direttissima won't be a big step up...Maximas probably would be but the only thing you will gain going Direttissima will be a higher quality more bling brake with different lever feel. On paper Shigura have more peak power than Direttissima though not more than Maxima.

Posted: Sep 23, 2022 at 8:25 Quote
Buy the Tech 4, you will not be disappointed, they are absolutely fantastic brakes. See below some words from a recent single-track review of the HB916.

"Let’s deal with the last first. The brakes are Hope’s new Tech 4 levers paired with the V4 calliper, running on new-material pads. And they are completely brilliant. Very probably the best brakes ever made in fact. No really. It’s pretty annoying that we’ve just published our disc brake group test recently"

I run the Tech 4 E4 and they have tons of power and modulation, suspect the V4 just takes that up a notch.

Posted: Sep 23, 2022 at 8:39 Quote
DmoorDevil wrote:
I am fairly confident a set of £150 Maggies are just as good if not better in many ways than Hope's okish bling pieces for VFM and performance value.

I wanted to like Hopes from having had a couple of sets though they inherently have piston issues I found.

Has anyone else found Magura levers to have the best feel in terms of shape - wow it's just like an aftermarket set of decent motorcycle levers.

I've not used the previous Hopes so can't compare from personal experience, but from what I gather the Tech 4s solve all of the problems, i.e. sticky pistons (they now use hybrid steel/phenolic pistons) and perceived lack of power (levers now run on bearing rather than bushing, lower friction seals in lever and caliper and they've revised the master cylinder for more power).

The lever feel is incredible, power and modulation are fantastic and build quality is excellent as expected from Hope. Lots of adjustability as well to get the lever exactly how you like it. The Zee's on my hardtail feel like toys in comparison.

Can't recommend them highly enough.

Posted: Sep 23, 2022 at 20:56 Quote
Davec85 wrote:
DmoorDevil wrote:
I am fairly confident a set of £150 Maggies are just as good if not better in many ways than Hope's okish bling pieces for VFM and performance value.

I wanted to like Hopes from having had a couple of sets though they inherently have piston issues I found.

Has anyone else found Magura levers to have the best feel in terms of shape - wow it's just like an aftermarket set of decent motorcycle levers.

I've not used the previous Hopes so can't compare from personal experience, but from what I gather the Tech 4s solve all of the problems, i.e. sticky pistons (they now use hybrid steel/phenolic pistons) and perceived lack of power (levers now run on bearing rather than bushing, lower friction seals in lever and caliper and they've revised the master cylinder for more power).

The lever feel is incredible, power and modulation are fantastic and build quality is excellent as expected from Hope. Lots of adjustability as well to get the lever exactly how you like it. The Zee's on my hardtail feel like toys in comparison.

Can't recommend them highly enough.

I've now read two recent reviews on the new Hope Tech 4 V4 brakes, one from Offroad.cc and the other from Blister Reviews. Both spoke very highly of them and Blister said that they are more powerful than Shimano XT's and Sram Code RSC's and put them on par with Hayes Dominion A4's.

But I think that Trickstuff brakes have more outright power.

It would be really cool to see a brake shootout of all of the latest top of the line brakes from all the major players.

Posted: Oct 8, 2022 at 20:09 Quote
TRP dhr evos are great, a bit more modulation than Shimano but not as much as sram, I personally don’t like how sram brakes feel but that’s just personal preference. I’ve been on the trps for only a few months but so far I have only 1 complaint. The levers sit far out so if you have smaller hand like me even with the reach adjust maxed out it was too far. Luckily a company called freedomcoast makes aftermarket levers and it brought the levers in almost another inch

Posted: Oct 13, 2022 at 14:33 Quote
photo
I just installed these. Initial impressions are good. Definitely more power than with the code calipers.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017815
Mobile Version of Website