Which cycling padded short is the best?

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Which cycling padded short is the best?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 19, 2022 at 3:27 Quote
For long riding, I want to buy cycling padded shorts. But when I searched about it I found something 3D vs 4D padded shorts. Which one is the best for me? Can you give me a suggestion?

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2022 at 10:14 Quote
I can give a recommendation. I don't actually understand the difference between 3D and 4D and suspect it's just marketing, but I buy Sportneer brand 4D bike underwear and am a big fan of it compared to other expensive and cheap shorts I've used in the past.

More important than the padding in my opinion is the way the rest of the shorts are constructed and keep that padding in place. And I think that it's worth trying multiple options to see what works best for your body specifically.

The $15-tier cheapo shorts ended up being the best option for me, but there may be a much better choice for your body.

I use just the underwear paired with athletic shorts for MTB and road biking, and actually wear them under street clothes when I'm biking to meet people for non-biking activities like going to a bar or getting dinner.

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2022 at 12:57 Quote
I've never heard of 4D until this post. but as the other guy said...it will really depend on your body.

personally, I wear Rapha. yes, its expensive, however, I know it fits me (and it fits me well) and I've done long days in the saddle with their chamois whilst my mates complained of sore booties and taints.

I've also had FOX padded shorts. the ones that come with the shorts (Avoid these, they chaff and aren't that well padded) and the standalone Fox padded underwear which is mediocre.

I've also tried bontrager padded shorts and sugoi. The rapha shorts have always felt best to me, YMMV.

all the shorts I've tried are 3D according to the website you linked.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011294
Mobile Version of Website