Manitou circus expert spring change

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Manitou circus expert spring change
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 6:04 Quote
Is changing the spring as simple as just removing the lockout cap and pulling out. This fork I'm sure is great but at 65kg I'm only using about an inch of travel. I know it's built for hard hits but I like to ride bike parks too. I heard the fork comes standard with the strong/heavy spring so want to change to the light one If poss.

Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 10:17 Quote
yep super simple, swap the plastic sleeve around coil if new one doesnt come with one already, and throw some grease on for good measure

have you messed with air assist psi?
i found at low psi i could and compression damping backed off i could get the fork to feel pretty decent for flow trail use even with the firm spring, but i am a little heavier than you

fyi shockcraft have an air spring conversion kit for the circus as well as a softer top out spring for lightweight riders, ive got 2 of these on backorder and waiting for them to come in, hopefully work well for my niece and also drop some weight off my fork, heard good things but havent tried yet myself

Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 15:08 Quote
I'm running no air in the fork at present and even that only gives me 50mm of travel. I'm guessing the circus expert doesn't have volume spacers pre installed or anything? I'm not used to dirt jump forks so maybe that's how they are. Stiff. Only place I could find the lighter spring was if I purchased from Germany.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008631
Mobile Version of Website