Software for trail design

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Software for trail design
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 15:04 Quote
Hey all,
I'm wondering if any of you use software for trail design and if so what do you recommend?

I'd like to be able to create simple birds eye view diagrams to scale, plans for any woodwork, and if the software allowed then 3d model.

I don't have a ton of experience using software like this, so hoping to find a cheap and easy option to look in to initially.

Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 15:42 Quote
Recommend checking out BCPOV trail build videos. He does nice work with polycam to scan, and jigspace for the augmented reality with an iPhone 12 max.
Watch this or skip to around 11:15 to see what I mean.

Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 15:45 Quote
Meant to add that as for the trail itself you can do that on any number of mapping websites. I'm most comfortable with CalTopo. It's free unless you want to unlock more features and there may be better options. You find your location, select your map style and add the lines to represent your trail. Then you can view the elevation profile and adjust the trail location to suit.

Good luck.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 28, 2022 at 6:18 Quote
Thanks Ben, some good leads there.
I am looking more for a landscaping design style to create birds eye view diagrams when designing things like skills parks and submitting applications to towns etc. Thanks for pointijng me in the direction of the things that BCPOV uses though, I wondered what that was.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008412
Mobile Version of Website