Alicia Leggett seriously injured

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Alicia Leggett seriously injured
  • Previous Page
O+ FL
Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 7:40 Quote
Some terrible news. Hope her recovery goes well and she can get back to doing what she loves soon.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/alicia-and-her-family-with-medical-costs

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 10:05 Quote
Saw this. First memo said unconscious and second memo today said “improving” so hopefully that means regained consciousness and reduced swelling.

Nice to see the GFM generating some cash

Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 10:19 Quote
Best wishes for a swift recovery. And another reminder that the US healthcare system is morally bankrupt, since it can and does leave sick people actually bankrupt.

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 10:29 Quote
Can this please not turn into a political thread?

The recent field test really showed that she doesn't back down from some serious lines. I hope she makes a full recovery and we see her in the next field test. Sad news.

Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 16:31 Quote
Life and death are political.

Posted: Oct 4, 2022 at 19:03 Quote
wonder why Pinkbke hasn't mentioned anything. Wishing Alicia a speedy recover. Prayerer to your loved ones. She seemed like a solid, kind person.

Posted: Oct 4, 2022 at 23:55 Quote
Mongoose-Rockadile wrote:
wonder why Pinkbke hasn't mentioned anything. Wishing Alicia a speedy recover. Prayerer to your loved ones. She seemed like a solid, kind person.

Same question. You'd think the GFM page would have been posted on the front page of the site by now. It's nearly been a week and still no word from PB.

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2022 at 3:11 Quote
If I remember correctly PB will not post injuries unless first announced by the athlete or their family. At least that’s my take on it. Usually most injury posts have a statement.

Also now that they are owned by a larger corporation they need to be careful using the power of their image to generate GoFundMe support for an employee.

Fwiw - anyone actually in the MTB scene knows as I’ve seen it on stories all over social media.

Nice to see they are approaching 7X the goal.

The GFM has updates and latest is she’s making solid progress from her TBI. IMO it sounds like she’s out of the woods from the real scary stuff and now just needs to take it slow and let everything heal. I’ve seen quite a few of these over the years. Worst was a player that got her 3rd concussion and two weeks later was in a car accident and hit the windshield. She was in a coma and everything. The human body is amazing - she’s 100% today (years later). No headaches no nothing. A lot of that has to do with how we treat TBI anymore. She was off the map for months. I don’t think she looked at a cell phone for like 3 months. And she’d sleep like 14-16 hours a day.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 5, 2022 at 9:43 Quote
PInkbike saw fit to post a story about a grisly murder at the Jamis offices in NJ last year but won't post a story about one of their staff writers being injured... to protect her privacy? SMH. I do wish Alicia a speedy recovery.

Posted: Oct 6, 2022 at 7:41 Quote
djyosh wrote:
PInkbike saw fit to post a story about a grisly murder at the Jamis offices in NJ last year but won't post a story about one of their staff writers being injured... to protect her privacy? SMH. I do wish Alicia a speedy recovery.

HIPAA is a dangerous game to play... hence they wont say anything.

Posted: Oct 6, 2022 at 8:42 Quote
I hope she gets better fast and returns in even better form. Sounds like she and her family are going through a lot right now.

HIPAA is no joke; an employer assumes a suicidal amount legal liability if they publish an employees health info, and all health info is private. They could be sued into the ground. It is the smart move and I am sure it is because of this and not because Pinkbike isn't supportive of Alicia.

Posted: Oct 6, 2022 at 21:26 Quote
Saying "Alicia is in the hospital because of a mountain bike injury and needs your help with the medical bills" does not violate HIPAA.

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2022 at 19:05 Quote
Verbl-Kint wrote:
Saying "Alicia is in the hospital because of a mountain bike injury and needs your help with the medical bills" does not violate HIPAA.

Actually, that is a HIPAA violation if you are her employer.

If anyone has an update on her condition, please share.

Posted: Oct 22, 2022 at 19:14 Quote
tfdhusker wrote:
Verbl-Kint wrote:

Actually, that is a HIPAA violation if you are her employer.

If anyone has an update on her condition, please share.

Click the original GoFundMe link. There are many many updates posted by her friend and creator of the page.

Posted: Oct 26, 2022 at 20:53 Quote
There's information on the GoFundMe and a thread on Reddit about her accident. It seems her dad has started posting on Reddit too but honestly it must be a very hard time for her family and they are still taking this one day at a time. All of the side chatter and speculation on a public forum doesn't make it easier for them. https://www.reddit.com/r/MTB/comments/xtehwd/for_those_of_you_who_love_pinkbikes_alicia/?sort=top
I always enjoy Alicia's content and hope for a miracle for her.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.030557
Mobile Version of Website