Alicia Leggett seriously injured

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Alicia Leggett seriously injured
| Next Page
Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 13:14 Quote
chrisclifford wrote:
She posted an update on her Instagram just FYI…and I think it’s been stated that Pinkbike can’t legally discuss it

Thanks for pointing that out for those who hadn't seen it.

One key quote for those here who are making PB out to be a villain in this story:

"I'm feeling very thankful to have supportive friends and family and a job that lets me take this time to heal before reappearing. "

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 14:35 Quote
tfdhusker wrote:
Verbl-Kint wrote:
Saying "Alicia is in the hospital because of a mountain bike injury and needs your help with the medical bills" does not violate HIPAA.

Actually, that is a HIPAA violation if you are her employer.

If anyone has an update on her condition, please share.

No, this is not a HIPAA violation

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 14:37 Quote
Or it could simply be that Alicia or her family asked for it not to be reported?

I do love how some people's sense of outrage prevents them from considering non-nefarious options.

Take a day off you belters.

Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 14:55 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
Or it could simply be that Alicia or her family asked for it not to be reported?

I do love how some people's sense of outrage prevents them from considering non-nefarious options.

I understand the reasoning to be private with a major, long term injury with lasting effects such as this. If that was the case they wouldn't be setting up a go fund me account.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 15:10 Quote
Kamperk87 wrote:

I understand the reasoning to be private with a major, long term injury with lasting effects such as this. If that was the case they wouldn't be setting up a go fund me account.

According to you. They owe you nothing, asking PB not to comment or setting up a GFM are decisions for them to make without any explanation owed above what they have given.

Your sense of entitlement is astounding.

Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 15:56 Quote
Kamperk87 wrote:

According to you. They owe you nothing, asking PB not to comment or setting up a GFM are decisions for them to make without any explanation owed above what they have given.

Your sense of entitlement is astounding.

I've donated money to her go fund me. All I'm saying for Pinkbike not reaching out publicly sucks. If it's truly due to legal issues / lawyers then I'm sure the pinkbike team must be frustrated by this.
Not sure how that makes me entitled.

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 8:50 Quote
Marjorie Taylor Greene called.... she asked if she could have her tin foil hat back.

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 9:02 Quote
that was impossibly hard to read

Mod
Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 12:06 Quote
I deleted the last rant, the user was an alternate account to a previously suspended account.

Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 12:15 Quote
captainbringdown wrote:
I deleted the last rant, the user was an alternate account to a previously suspended account.

Good stuff. Don't need that kind of ridiculous negativity in here.

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 12:45 Quote
captainbringdown wrote:

Thanks for taking care of our community man. That guy was nuts. Really appreciated.

Posted: Jan 27, 2023 at 18:27 Quote
See the home page article if you're curious.

Posted: Jan 27, 2023 at 22:21 Quote
Now would all the people who made PB out to somehow be a villain in this story like to issue their apologies?

"I'm also absurdly thankful for my job and coworkers, who have shown more than ever before that they have my back. Everyone I work with, both near and far, has checked in consistently, been willing to work with me on my now-necessary time off, is helping to preserve my job for when I can come back to it, and so much more. None of that was necessary, all of it has been because they're kind, caring people, and when I think about all the jobs I've had in years past, there's no job situation that could possibly have been as helpful as this one throughout this injury. Pinkbike and Outside, you all are amazing and I am so, so thankful to have you in my life."

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012509
Mobile Version of Website