Best knee braces for Enduro & DH riding.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Best knee braces for Enduro & DH riding.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 3, 2022 at 11:58 Quote
Hey everyone,

So I crashed recently and injured my right knee pretty badly.
It hyperextends and I may of damaged my ACL, MCL & PCL ligaments. MRI scan pending with full results…

Just wanted to get some opinions on what knee braces are out there, one that’s are good, bad and are also pedal friendly. Want to get the knowledge in early so I can be ready to ride again with out a drama.

Thank you in advance!

Posted: Oct 31, 2022 at 2:24 Quote
Hi Scott , I’m recovering from a broken knee which I did late aug . After a full leg cast for 6weeks I used the nhs donjoy brace with a angle dial changer which was ok but heavy , bulky and couldn’t imagine riding wearing it .
From riding mx years ago I was aware of cti braces so looked into getting on .
I got the OSSUR cti 3 brace ;

https://activ8rehab.co.uk/ossur-cti-ots-%26-custom

It’s carbon so very light but strong and quiet slim , I haven’t rode the mtb yet as not ready yet but have worn it on a exercise bike and you hardly notice it’s on !
Good luck on healing tup

FL
Posted: Oct 31, 2022 at 3:19 Quote
I seperated my ACL from the bone in my mid 20's. I was given a Donjoy knee brace from the NHS but, I just couldn't ride in it. It was way to restrictive in movement. There is better braces out there though
but,
My main concern wuld be to get a diagnoses as soon as!! I was told "it's just a spraighn" but I pushed an pushed an eventually had an orthrosopy to see what was going on an shit... bust ACL an destroyed meniscus.
There's no way I'd thinking aboot riding untill I knew for definate what is wrong........

I actally had to lie.. exagerate my cycling status. I went to the GP an told them I was a Pro rider an my team an sponsors want to know what's up!!! I was riding BMX for free stickers/shop sponsorship

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 31, 2022 at 10:17 Quote
I did my full ACL, partial LCL, and partial meniscus in early 2020, repaired surgically mid 2020. My PT team put the fear of a re-tear at the very forefront of my mind so I was determined to try and ride with a brace once I had recovered from the primary operation.

I had a very nice brace supplied by my insurance that had numerous adjustments, a low profile, and generally fit me quite well. No issues jogging, hiking or strength training but it was absolutely impossible to ride in. The brace hinging angle could not match the natural movement of my knee in deeper compressions (top of pedal stroke) and any sustained attempts to ride with the brace put my knee in agony from forcing an unnatural bending motion. I eventually decided to wait until a year post-op (approx timeframe for the ACL graft to fully set and heal) to start pushing myself on the bike again.

Not sure what your options for repair are but I ride with a few guy who are on failed ACLs, one rides in a crummy neoprene brace that couldn’t possibly help much, others rely on auxiliary strength conditioning to stabilize the knee and deal with the occasional soreness flare-ups.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007790
Mobile Version of Website