Super Deluxe RC2T Hydraulic Bottom Out Feature OEM ONLY

PB Forum :: SRAM
Super Deluxe RC2T Hydraulic Bottom Out Feature OEM ONLY
Previous Page | Next Page
O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2022 at 10:19 Quote
Browsing online, dealers only offer the non hydraulic bottom out equipped Super Deluxe Ultimate Air.

If you want the HBO, it has to come OEM on a bike. Super bummer news if true...

Curious if others have heard the same.

PER EMAIL FROM SRAM:
"HBO Equipped: 00.4118.358.093 - RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RC2T - (190X45) Linear Air, 0 Neg/1 Pos Token, LinearReb/LowComp, Hydraulic Bottom Out, 320lb Theshold, Standard Standard - C1"
CANT BE FOUND ONLINE, OEM ONLY.

"Non-HBO Equipped: 00.4118.358.008 - RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RC2T - (190X45) Linear Air, 0 Neg/1 Pos Token, LinearReb/LowComp,320lb Theshold, Standard Standard - C1"

Posted: Oct 5, 2022 at 11:22 Quote
I've been running the new SDU coil with HBO on my Enduro, it's a killer shock. I ordered it directly from Sram, and noticed that the air shocks with HBO were not listed on the order sheet. Unfortunately I think those shocks are OEM only, at least for now.

That said if you're looking at a 190x45mm shock (idk if you just picked that as an example) you're probably on a ~120mm bike, in which case I'm not sure you really need or want HBO. I'm toying with getting a new shock for my Tallboy and would probably opt for the shock without HBO even if I had the choice. Most newer short travel bikes ramp up so much already and the new shocks have a substantial bottom out bumper. Obviously there are some exceptions and it would still be nice to have the choice, especially for larger shock sizes.

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2022 at 11:34 Quote
lyzyrdskydr wrote:
I've been running the new SDU coil with HBO on my Enduro, it's a killer shock. I ordered it directly from Sram, and noticed that the air shocks with HBO were not listed on the order sheet. Unfortunately I think those shocks are OEM only, at least for now.

That said if you're looking at a 190x45mm shock (idk if you just picked that as an example) you're probably on a ~120mm bike, in which case I'm not sure you really need or want HBO. I'm toying with getting a new shock for my Tallboy and would probably opt for the shock without HBO even if I had the choice. Most newer short travel bikes ramp up so much already and the new shocks have a substantial bottom out bumper. Obviously there are some exceptions and it would still be nice to have the choice, especially for larger shock sizes.

I am a 2022 Stumpy w/ 130mm travel. I have the largest volume reducer installed, running a good bit more pressure than recommended for my weight, and still finding the bottom quite regularly on hits that shouldn't find the bottom. Bottom out issues have been noted by many on the stump forum.

The HBO was the main selling point for running this shock. Plus numerous reviews of this shock have been specifically ran on my exact bike, and they show it with the HBO. Bit of drag that SRAM sends out the HBO for testing on that bike, but doesn't offer it aftermarket...

https://flowmountainbike.com/tests/2023-rockshox-pike-lyrik-zeb-super-deluxe/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQat4ec11uw&list=RDCMUCcX5xwMOCt92bi0dmspMFQw&index=1

Posted: Oct 5, 2022 at 13:39 Quote
Fair enough, I've also owned the same bike and didn't care for the suspension. You always had to compromise between pedaling efficiency, bump compliance, and bottom out support. I found a usable setup by removing the negative volume bands (improves small bump a bit, increases overall air volume for end stroke ramp) and by running the black LSC adjuster in the #2 position. Nowhere near as good as the Tallboy with the same shock though...

I think a lot that comes down the flex stays and the digressive compression tune on the stock DPS. More damping up top for pedaling support, minimal damping deep in travel to try and keep it open feeling/make up for flex stays. I've talked to people who have put other shocks with "off the shelf" tunes on the SJ and most of them ended up going back to DPS as other tunes/shocks compromised pedaling support too much.

The new Float X and SDU air both have big foam bottom out bumpers, similar to what's found on coils. I think either of those shocks tuned properly for the flex stays would work better than an HBO shock with the wrong tune.

I saw those press releases, I wouldn't be surprised if Specialized offers a build with that shock, so perhaps you could get a take-off with the right tune. They also offer an LTD build now with a Float X tuned for the SJ

Posted: Oct 21, 2022 at 19:10 Quote
Guys the HBO feature will be/is available aftermarket. I work there.

They also don’t have a foam bottom bumper- it’s rubber.

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2022 at 17:07 Quote
dcamp2 wrote:
Guys the HBO feature will be/is available aftermarket. I work there.

They also don’t have a foam bottom bumper- it’s rubber.

Any ideas to when 00.4118.358.093 will be available aftermarket?

Posted: Dec 3, 2022 at 12:06 Quote
So is it true that will be aftermarket or its only OEM?
I've been like crazy looking for the RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RC2T and I can't find it nowhere. I would need a 230x62.5 for a Trek Slash.

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2022 at 15:53 Quote
Yeah as far as I can tell, the HBO feature on the air shocks in OEM only.

Posted: Dec 4, 2022 at 14:30 Quote
dcdavid12 wrote:

In the website FAQS explain that you can install the HBO as a upgrade if you have a 2023 SDU. Does anybody knows where to buy "the kit"?

Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 2:30 Quote
Iuhiu wrote:
dcdavid12 wrote:

In the website FAQS explain that you can install the HBO as a upgrade if you have a 2023 SDU. Does anybody knows where to buy "the kit"?

Most recently I've been told the HBO damper shaft upgrade will be available spring 2023.

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 4:15 Quote
From RockShox:

The Super Deluxe Ultimate with Hydraulic Bottom Out is available aftermarket. The 230x62.5mm configuration is part number 00.4118.358.086 (Rear Shock Super Deluxe Ultimate RC2T - (230X62.5) Linear Air, 0 Neg/1 Pos Token, LinearReb/LowComp, Hydraulic Bottom Out, 320lb Threshold, Standard Standard - C1). This is still a new aftermarket shock configuration, so it may take some time to become available in your region. It will be best to continue to check with your local shop or dealer.

See our dealer locator to find a dealer near you:

https://www.sram.com/en/dealer-locator

Alternatively, you can order the non-HBO version (00.4118.358.001- Rear Shock Super Deluxe Ultimate RC2T - (230X62.5) Linear Air, 0 Neg/1 Pos Token, LinearReb/LowComp,320lb Threshold, Standard Standard - C1) and then install part number 11.4118.054.625 (REAR SHOCK DAMPER BODY - STANDARD EYELET 62.5MM W/ HYDRAULIC BOTTOM OUT (DAMPER BODY, BUSHING, VALVE CORE, 2.5MM TRAVEL SPACER & CAPS) - SUPER DELUXE C1+ (2023+)), which will add HBO.

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 5:00 Quote
Iuhiu wrote:
From RockShox:

The Super Deluxe Ultimate with Hydraulic Bottom Out is available aftermarket. The 230x62.5mm configuration is part number 00.4118.358.086 (Rear Shock Super Deluxe Ultimate RC2T - (230X62.5) Linear Air, 0 Neg/1 Pos Token, LinearReb/LowComp, Hydraulic Bottom Out, 320lb Threshold, Standard Standard - C1). This is still a new aftermarket shock configuration, so it may take some time to become available in your region. It will be best to continue to check with your local shop or dealer.

See our dealer locator to find a dealer near you:

https://www.sram.com/en/dealer-locator

Alternatively, you can order the non-HBO version (00.4118.358.001- Rear Shock Super Deluxe Ultimate RC2T - (230X62.5) Linear Air, 0 Neg/1 Pos Token, LinearReb/LowComp,320lb Threshold, Standard Standard - C1) and then install part number 11.4118.054.625 (REAR SHOCK DAMPER BODY - STANDARD EYELET 62.5MM W/ HYDRAULIC BOTTOM OUT (DAMPER BODY, BUSHING, VALVE CORE, 2.5MM TRAVEL SPACER & CAPS) - SUPER DELUXE C1+ (2023+)), which will add HBO.
I found the kit to add HBO really cheap in:
https://www.bike24.es/productos/642591

And if you want the progressive can;
The progressive air can for the 230x62.5mm Super Deluxe Ultimate RC2T is part number 11.4118.059.010 (REAR SHOCK AIR CAN ASSEMBLY - PROGRESSIVE 57.5-65MM (DECALS, COUNTERMEASURE, AND SPRING) - SUPER DELUXE THRUSHAFT C1 (2021+)/ SUPER DELUXE C1/DELUXE C1 (2023+)).

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011717
Mobile Version of Website