Santa Cruz Blur XC sizing (6’ 1”, 34” inseam)

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Blur XC sizing (6’ 1”, 34” inseam)
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 10, 2022 at 18:10 Quote
My LBS has a Large Blur XC (S Kit) in stock in Large and is even offering 10% off. I’m 6’ 1” with a 34” inseam (longer legs, shorter torso) and longer arms. Does anyone here have a Blur and can comment on Large vs XL?

I test rode the bike today and it felt good but i couldn’t help to think that it looked small compared to me current Large
2021 Trek Top Fuel that does have almost the same stack and reach. My bike fitter did put a 80mm stem on the Top Fuel though.

One other thing to note is he did confirm in the shop that I’d be a Large if I got a Spark RC. The reach on the Spark is essentially the same as the Blur (471 vs 470) and the stack was higher (610 vs 596).

Posted: Nov 21, 2022 at 18:05 Quote
Hey, I’d go XL.

I’m your size minus the long arms, and the XL felt perfect.

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 18:34 Quote
We're nearly the same dimensions and there is NO way I could ride a L Santa Cruz for more than a little while. I own the Blur and a Highball in XL and they both fit great!

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2023 at 17:50 Quote
I am 6'3 with long arms and the 2022 L blur felt fine to me. I even threw a 130mm fork on it and some 35mm rise bars on it and it was still fine, a bit short of course but its an xc bike so it rallied.

I think it depends on what you want to use it for. If you are going to do XC races and like actual xc riding, it will be fine. If you are going to do real trail riding, steeper descents etc, i would go XL, but only if you are going to put a 120mm fork on it. But even then, i am a good bit taller than you and i had no problem riding the large (with 130mm fork) on some steep sketchy trails, it held up nicely. Super efficient bike. I think the xc comes with a 60mm stem stock so if you need to adjust for fit you can go longer/shorter.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014329
Mobile Version of Website