Mondraker or giant

PB Forum :: eMTB
Mondraker or giant
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 14, 2022 at 12:23 Quote
So after alot of research I have narrowed my choice of ebike down to either a 2022 reign E plus or the mondraker level RR .. all the other bikes I looked at had the Shimano motor and I would rather not deal with there bullshit... has anyone e ridden either of these bikes?

Posted: Oct 16, 2022 at 23:07 Quote
I tested a Level RR a few years ago, it was heavy and long compared with the other emtb’s I tested and I didn’t like the Bosch controller. The new Bosch controls could have gone a huge way into solving my dislike, but the weight is still a factor. Definitely test both before you make a decision.

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2022 at 11:00 Quote
I have a Mondraker carbon Crafty Xr in medium at 5'9" it fits me well. I love the way it rides only thing the Ohlins suspension is great. motor is less noisy than the Brose I rode previously

A friend of mine has the Giant trance X Adv Size M with the live valve
It rides great as well. Not a big fan of the live valve. seems stiff at times and the solenoids click all the time is distracting.
the Yamaha motor is great and slightly quieter than the Bosch unit.

I don't think you could really go wrong with either but I prefer the Mondraker

Posted: Oct 21, 2022 at 9:43 Quote
I ride a 2021 Mondraker Crafty R & Wife rides Giant Stance. I know 2 different price points on them but the Mondraker frame build seems better than the Giant I think the cost differences come down to suspension & components.
One thing I can say about the Mondraker is it flat out rips downhill, very stable & the Fox 38mm fork is awesome. There is a difference in the motors seems the Yamaha is a bit tamer which is not a bad or good thing just different. As Frosty said you can't go wrong with either.

Posted: Oct 27, 2022 at 11:13 Quote
I have the Reign E+ 2 and it's been great. The motor has been plenty powerful and I haven't had any issues with range with the battery. I like the Zeb, it's stiff and I've been able to adjust it to my liking. Personally, the non removeable battery on the Mondraker is a deal breaker. It gets cold where I live and I don't want to leave it in the cold over the winter. If that's not an issue for you, then either one should be fine.

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2022 at 20:46 Quote
I’m on a Reign E+1 and love it. If you can afford the +1 package go for it. I think the Fox suspension is more pleasant to ryde for a bike of that weight. 625 Wh battery, now you can have the 800 or pretty soon. I think the Giant is more efficient in the climbs and a better DH. I would go Giant hands down. More RandD in the Giant. Both motor are very good, go for the plateform you’d like. But I think you have more bike with the Reign…

Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 2:38 Quote
I've just recently purchased a Mondraker Dusk RR SE, it had great spec for the money. My analogue bike is Santa Cruz Megatower which I have in a large, I got the Mondraker in a medium as it's quite long. It's a great going bike, just getting used to the extra weight on the descents, especially on the steeper stuff. But I highly recommend a Mondraker!

Posted: Jan 14, 2023 at 12:19 Quote
I looked at the same exact two bikes before deciding on the Giant Reign E+2. I liked the Yamaha motor, Zeb fork and the overall appearance. I’ve put about 500 miles on the bike and it has been amazing. Zero complaints so far. I’m sure the Mondraker would have been great too but so far I do not regret my choice.

O+
Posted: 2 days ago Quote
I’ve rode both and Mondraker all the way for me. Not even a question. The guy who owned the Giant even agrees and bought himself a Mondraker Crafty and is in love with it. Been riding for 30 years so I’m no newb. I think people in the US are just afraid of the Mondraker name because it is not as well known as some other brands.

That said the Mondraker is pricey. I ended up upgrading the Code Rs to Magura MT7s. Breaking is insanely good now and confidence inspiring. Upgraded bars and stem to OneUp. Stock Fox suspension on the Crafty R and RR models are amazingly tuned out of the box and that Mondy geometry and Zero suspension design is butter smooth. Go ride one a see for yourself. O and the Bosch gen 4 is the best full fat motor on the market IMO.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014102
Mobile Version of Website