Am I getting scammed?

PB Forum :: USA - West
Am I getting scammed?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2022 at 11:34 Quote
Feel like I may be getting scammed how safe is pay pal goods and services?

Here is our chat thread…

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2022 at 11:35 Quote
Oct 10, 2022 at 15:04

riosxf22 says:

Hi there what do you think a 10% off I will use PayPal and do the payment tonight, I think this is a reasonable offer!! I am in Coral Springs 33065

24 hours ago

thisismatt says:

I could do that possibly if you are willing to cover shipping costs.

23 hours ago

riosxf22 says:

Fine by me!

Will 150 more cover the shipping to Coral Springs? 33065 Let me know and send me the PayPal invoice $ 3750 to andrea_sierra97@hotmail.com

7 hours ago thisismatt says:

Using bike flights to ship it would be $250 with the protection. Also are you good with PayPal Goods and Services for buyer and seller protection? would also like to exchange number just to confirm you are legit and to send you updates. Sorry there are just so many scams on here that I am extra cautious. I would send you video of the bike being packaged and handed off to UPS so you have verification.

2 hours ago riosxf22 says:

Yes I think use PayPal Goods and Services will be better, I will try to get 100 more and if 3850 cover the shipping and fees we have a deal, my budget was a little short but I like your bike, so I text you by WhatsApp's

I can get your number here and you will check that am serious with the deal

1 mins ago

thisismatt says:

What is your number I can reach out on WhatsApp

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2023 at 21:49 Quote
Goods and Services is a good move. The push to use WhatsApp instead of an actual number seems sketchy. What ended up happening?

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2023 at 15:39 Quote
Murphius wrote:
Goods and Services is a good move. The push to use WhatsApp instead of an actual number seems sketchy. What ended up happening?

It's funny. I googled the guys USERID and two items popped up in google search.

One was an Instagram account.

The other was this thread with riosxf22 in the dialogue.

He just sent me a similar offer to buy my Demo frame.

If he's a scammer, you'll know quick enough.
If he's real, it's usually the guys down in Brazil trying to buying bikes while they're in the US to take back to Brazil.

I sold my first 3 DH bikes to guys from there back in the day, but I talked to them extensively on RideMonkey forums for a long time.

The guy has had an account on here since 2017. Surely PB would have gotten a scam report on his account by now?

Posted: Jan 19, 2023 at 18:55 Quote
Apparently a lot of criminals are now stealing old, real PB accounts to use for scams. Since the account history can imply legitimacy.

Posted: Jan 19, 2023 at 19:02 Quote
It's very easy to sell things.. my rule is the part does not leave my hands un-till full payment is received 100%.
after payment is received i'll do my best to have it shipped within a couple hours or the next day at the very latest.

if someone is fast to pay you, then you owe it to them to be fast to ship it.
people who refuse to pay upfront are sketchy, I'd avoid Paypal too, i used it once and it was a nightmare, took 2 months to get my money, Paypal will NEVER answer their phones and takes a week to respond to emails normally with a useless response.

that's just me though.

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2023 at 17:38 Quote
Elbarto14 wrote:
It's very easy to sell things.. my rule is the part does not leave my hands un-till full payment is received 100%.
after payment is received i'll do my best to have it shipped within a couple hours or the next day at the very latest.

if someone is fast to pay you, then you owe it to them to be fast to ship it.
people who refuse to pay upfront are sketchy, I'd avoid Paypal too, i used it once and it was a nightmare, took 2 months to get my money, Paypal will NEVER answer their phones and takes a week to respond to emails normally with a useless response.

that's just me though.

Yeah... well, currently going through the PayPal "no one answers the phone" thing now. Spent 30 minutes on a call with them and a lady with broken English reading from a script who I begged multiple times to speak to her supervisor. Finally insisted she do it repeating myself several times and got her to give me a supervisor. Still a useless conversation and no resolution

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008311
Mobile Version of Website