A-holes at Trestle, 10/2

PB Forum :: Downhill
A-holes at Trestle, 10/2
Previous Page | Next Page
O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2022 at 14:58 Quote
We hit up closing day at Trestle in Winter Park this year, and second run, just kinda doing warmup laps in semi-greasy conditions, I lost traction coming into a bermed corner after the last good sized jump on Paper Boy near the bottom of the trail, put a foot down, and ended up snapping my tibia and fibia... I went down basically in the corner, and dragged myself to the shoulder, but couldn't move at all (foot flopping at the end of my leg... woof). I had two friends behind, and one stopped with me and called patrol, and one stopped right before that jump to slow people down.

While I'm lying there there, getting splinted for the ride down the hill, one guy comes through and starts bitching *everyone* out for making him miss that one jump. My friend, the patrol, *me*. It was bizarre.

They rolled me down to the cat track and several riders there helped them load me up (thanks, whoever you all were), bumped down the hill (ouch), got resplinted and aligned, ambulanced to Denver and had a tibial nail installed (so I guess I'm part robot now?)

In the ambulance ride to Denver, I shared the ride with a kid who dislocated his hip on the new trail they had just opened (can't remember the name). He had a video of some guy threatening to come and *kick his head in* for lying in the landing and making him miss the jump. Like... there's no way that kid could move himself at that point. Almost wonder if it was the same a*shole.

Outside of those things, every single person I encountered was awesome to me that day... but what the hell goes through some folks minds? SMH

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2022 at 0:05 Quote
BobAG wrote:
We hit up closing day at Trestle in Winter Park this year, and second run, just kinda doing warmup laps in semi-greasy conditions, I lost traction coming into a bermed corner after the last good sized jump on Paper Boy near the bottom of the trail, put a foot down, and ended up snapping my tibia and fibia... I went down basically in the corner, and dragged myself to the shoulder, but couldn't move at all (foot flopping at the end of my leg... woof). I had two friends behind, and one stopped with me and called patrol, and one stopped right before that jump to slow people down.

While I'm lying there there, getting splinted for the ride down the hill, one guy comes through and starts bitching *everyone* out for making him miss that one jump. My friend, the patrol, *me*. It was bizarre.

They rolled me down to the cat track and several riders there helped them load me up (thanks, whoever you all were), bumped down the hill (ouch), got resplinted and aligned, ambulanced to Denver and had a tibial nail installed (so I guess I'm part robot now?)

In the ambulance ride to Denver, I shared the ride with a kid who dislocated his hip on the new trail they had just opened (can't remember the name). He had a video of some guy threatening to come and *kick his head in* for lying in the landing and making him miss the jump. Like... there's no way that kid could move himself at that point. Almost wonder if it was the same a*shole.

Outside of those things, every single person I encountered was awesome to me that day... but what the hell goes through some folks minds? SMH

Ya never know maybe he walked In and found a dude or two banging his wife that morning

Posted: Oct 19, 2022 at 2:11 Quote
you get this shit every now an then. I was at Woburn in the UK, dude had crashed a drop so I stood at the exit of the previous berm with plenty of time to stop people.... Stood there waved my arms an said "Rider Down!" they got closer, no sighn of slowing or stopping so louder, "RIDER DOWN!....... RIDER DOWN!!!"
They ignored me an rode straight past an hit the drop.........

luckily dude was just off the trail... but, one of them rode over his bike

"just cos you ride, doesn't mean your'e cool"

Posted: Oct 19, 2022 at 9:42 Quote
20 plus days at trestle this year and have never encountered a single person acting like that. Sorry you got hurt man, hope you heal up and get back at it.

I have seen many time when people go down and then their crew litters bikes and stands in the trail super dangerously. Those situation can lead to more injuries.

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2022 at 16:45 Quote
a few entitled princesses who ruin it for everyone. A day will come when they are down broken in the middle of the trail crying for mama as their intestines lay outside their body with a broken spine because they thought they were gods

Posted: Oct 19, 2022 at 21:46 Quote
CSdirt wrote:
20 plus days at trestle this year and have never encountered a single person acting like that. Sorry you got hurt man, hope you heal up and get back at it.

I have seen many time when people go down and then their crew litters bikes and stands in the trail super dangerously. Those situation can lead to more injuries.

especially when riders ignore an ride straight past at full speed.............. Facepalm

O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2022 at 6:51 Quote
Yeah, I dragged myself off the trail right quick, then friends cleared bikes and let people know up above.

Kinda able to do a crappy hobbling version of walking in the boot but no crutches today. Crazy that I can put this much weight on it already. Staples and sutures came out Tuesday, started at home PT... milestones.

Posted: Oct 20, 2022 at 8:50 Quote
Heal fast man, I've just got back from a bust arm. Docs said calcium, vit D an red meat

Posted: Oct 25, 2022 at 2:09 Quote
Try not to push yourself too much with the recovery, it takes it's time and you don't want to set things back.

But I can believe this entitled individual, way too many of them.

Hopefully their lack of critical thinking coupled with their hubris will make for some spectacular Kamma in the near future.

Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 20:31 Quote
When you do heal up shoot me a message next season. I usually head up solo from Castle Rock but I’m always trying to find local riders to lap with. Also I’m a paramedic in the Denver area so if you crash again we’re covered

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 17:14 Quote
He's probably not an Ahole. Just had a one track mind and focused on the jump and said something stupid. He probably didn't expect someone to really be hurt. Most of the times I can't hit a jump it's because someone crashed and wasn't really hurt and they could have gotten off the trail more. Tib/fib is a different story, of course. Heal up!

Posted: Jan 15, 2023 at 23:16 Quote
shwinn8 wrote:
a few entitled princesses who ruin it for everyone. A day will come when they are down broken in the middle of the trail crying for mama as their intestines lay outside their body with a broken spine because they thought they were gods

u probably roll lips

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010316
Mobile Version of Website