Two hands for beginners.

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Two hands for beginners.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 30, 2022 at 18:30 Quote
Hey guys,

I am looking at venturing from the trails out onto the pavement.

I have been a mountain biker forever but I am wanting to give road cycling a try. It is a completely unknown world for me so I am looking to do a bit of homework before I dive in and turn myself into a human pin ball or worse a bowling ball.

Any good articles, podcasts, tips n tricks, do’s n don’ts, good bike brands that aren’t too over the top for a beginner, bike setup advice and anything that you think might be helpful please fire away.

Please and thank you.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 4, 2022 at 13:41 Quote
Matt641 wrote:
Hey guys,

I am looking at venturing from the trails out onto the pavement.

I have been a mountain biker forever but I am wanting to give road cycling a try. It is a completely unknown world for me so I am looking to do a bit of homework before I dive in and turn myself into a human pin ball or worse a bowling ball.

Any good articles, podcasts, tips n tricks, do’s n don’ts, good bike brands that aren’t too over the top for a beginner, bike setup advice and anything that you think might be helpful please fire away.

Please and thank you.

I would say look for a used bike with Disc brakes. You will get a lot of extra bike compared to buying a cheaper new.

Look bikes that are more on the cyclocross/touring/gravel end of the design spectrum. May be more comfortable than an aggressive road racer. I have a Specialized Diverge that I really like.

Once you get a bike, it can be worth it to pay for a bike fit by someone qualified. Unlike mtb, you spend a lot more time in one position. Making your bike comfortable makes for much more pleasurable days. I haven't done it yet, but probably will int he spring.

I will admit, I watch GCN a bit.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007863
Mobile Version of Website