2019+ Remedy Bearing Replacment

PB Forum :: Trek
2019+ Remedy Bearing Replacment
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Oct 30, 2022 at 21:48 Quote
Ahoy!

Just managed to crack my chainstay JRA this weekend. Bought this brand new second hand, so no warranty.

Supposedly have a chainstay shipping from the UK, and thinking the bearings could use a replacement.

How / where to find these parts in USA? Found some abroad. Hoping to not visit my local Trek dealer.

All thoughts appreciated!

O+
Posted: Oct 31, 2022 at 8:57 Quote
chrismac wrote:
Ahoy!

Just managed to crack my chainstay JRA this weekend. Bought this brand new second hand, so no warranty.

Supposedly have a chainstay shipping from the UK, and thinking the bearings could use a replacement.

How / where to find these parts in USA? Found some abroad. Hoping to not visit my local Trek dealer.

What parts are you after, exactly? Bearings are pretty simple to find/replace as they are likely all standards that exist and are available. The other hardware, like bolts, spacers, etc for the linkage should all be bought from a Trek dealer.. I mean it's a Trek Bike who else do you expect would provide the parts?

TrekBikes.com may have an exploded diagram for you with part numbers if you want to hunt for parts yourself.

Trek dealer would really be your best bet. I know sometimes it's hard because the shop may not be the best fit for you but they will likely be able to source parts and sell them to you.

FL
Posted: Oct 31, 2022 at 10:54 Quote
Thanks!

Just the core bearings for the rear linkage. I'll try to find some generic ones. Wasnt sure if there were "kits" that we're sold on a model basis.

Snapped my chainstay on the remedy and have a replacement coming.

adnauseam wrote:
chrismac wrote:
Ahoy!

What parts are you after, exactly? Bearings are pretty simple to find/replace as they are likely all standards that exist and are available. The other hardware, like bolts, spacers, etc for the linkage should all be bought from a Trek dealer.. I mean it's a Trek Bike who else do you expect would provide the parts?

TrekBikes.com may have an exploded diagram for you with part numbers if you want to hunt for parts yourself.

Trek dealer would really be your best bet. I know sometimes it's hard because the shop may not be the best fit for you but they will likely be able to source parts and sell them to you.

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2023 at 13:17 Quote
Just sure what happened here. Somehow I quoted my original post and double pasted something.

Please consider this post deleted.

My apologies.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008316
Mobile Version of Website