Stickiest DJ Tire for Indoor Wood Pumptracks and Jumps

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Stickiest DJ Tire for Indoor Wood Pumptracks and Jumps
Previous Page | Next Page
O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2022 at 13:48 Quote
Hey!

I'm looking for some super sticky tires for my DJ. It only gets ridden in indoor jump parks and pump tracks that are made completely out of wood. It currently has Maxxis DTH's on it, but I find that I slide out far too often on the corners in the pump tracks.

What are the stickiest tires out there for this type of riding?

Thanks!

Posted: Nov 2, 2022 at 14:33 Quote
MLeier wrote:
Hey!

I'm looking for some super sticky tires for my DJ. It only gets ridden in indoor jump parks and pump tracks that are made completely out of wood. It currently has Maxxis DTH's on it, but I find that I slide out far too often on the corners in the pump tracks.

What are the stickiest tires out there for this type of riding?

Thanks!
a lot of people like racekings

Posted: Nov 2, 2022 at 17:28 Quote
https://shop.kendatire.com/3-Sixty-p/214080.htm

In black for the stickier compound.

Posted: Nov 3, 2022 at 8:35 Quote
the michelin pilot pumps also look pretty sticky but ive never ridden or felt them so cant verify

kendas look decent, anyone ridden those?

honestly im not sure any tire will be a lot stickier than a 2.3 folding dth, its one of the better tires available for indoor use

only tire ive ridden that was stickier was microknobby which is no longer available, i think mold is owned by vee, wish they would release those again

Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 11:05 Quote
cant beat maxxis DTH! They are such a good all rounder, good price, ok weight, last ages

Had speedkings, racekings, billy bonkers, and ikons but go back to DTH 2.1 folding rear and 2.3 folding front

Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 10:29 Quote
Have tested them all as well.

DTH on back and IKON or SB8 up front will give you tack and speed.

Posted: Dec 27, 2022 at 0:36 Quote
have you tried something like a maxxis holyroller or a hookworm? I love em both

Posted: Jan 6, 2023 at 11:42 Quote
Michelin Pilot Pumps stick like crazy, I feel like I can screw around on skatelite in vert for as long as I want. Definitely worth the money, and some shops are still selling them for $60/tire or so.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014295
Mobile Version of Website