Struggling with spring options

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Struggling with spring options
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 10, 2022 at 6:09 Quote
Can someone please give me some options for springs that will fit my 2019 kenevo expert with the ohlins shock please?

I know I could just buy the ohlins spring to go with the shock but I would like to try some other springs instead and also ohlins springs are like twice the price.

Posted: Nov 11, 2022 at 0:56 Quote
No idea what length or weight you need, but that inner diameter you could use Cane Creek, Marzocchi, Elka, MRP, or Manitou springs as I believe they're all the same.
With the right adapter, you can use pretty much any spring, so long as it's not narrower than what you have on there now

Posted: Nov 11, 2022 at 17:05 Quote
The weight isnt important as I know what weight spring I need, I run a stiffer one than needed for my weight anyway because of the type of riding I do.

My issue is actually finding the right length because nobody uses the same measurements, it's all so confusing and honestly the only part of mtb that actually confuses me.

Probably going to just buy the spring from ohlins and then sell the bike, get something that can run air as this whole trying to pair a spring with the shock is just a pain.

Posted: Nov 12, 2022 at 0:39 Quote
Selling your whole bike because of a spring is bit throwing the baby out with the bathwater... I'll have it if you don't want it!

Lengths, as in some manufacturers measure in mm, some in inches? Just type into Google to convert it. From what I can see, your shock has a 57mm stroke, which in old money is 2.25inches. You need a 2.25" stroke spring or the nearest metric mm spring ABOVE 57mm, not less than because you'll bind the spring.

Posted: Nov 12, 2022 at 3:11 Quote
I'm not selling just because of the spring but I'm actually buying a spring because I'm selling it, the reason im selling is im looking for a more playful bike that's not got quite as high of a stand over.

I've ordered a spring for it now anyway.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007284
Mobile Version of Website