It does not matter what kind of bike, if it's pimped out post it here!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
It does not matter what kind of bike, if it's pimped out post it here!
Posted: Aug 8, 2015 at 14:09 Quote
Nice one fella.

I'll probably hang on until next year, got knee surgery pretty soon so may just hang on until spring next year Smile

Heard good things about LB but concerned about warranty side of things. I'm a fair sized lad so would probably use a DH or at least an Enduro rim, bent a few wheels over the years so always go DH and live with the extra weight.

Enve are the ones, just insanely expensive

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2015 at 18:38 Quote
jskiff wrote:
Nice one fella.

I'll probably hang on until next year, got knee surgery pretty soon so may just hang on until spring next year Smile

Heard good things about LB but concerned about warranty side of things. I'm a fair sized lad so would probably use a DH or at least an Enduro rim, bent a few wheels over the years so always go DH and live with the extra weight.

Enve are the ones, just insanely expensive

Since u were asking about carbon rims, I thought I'd give u my 2 cents. I've had LB carbons for about 3 years now and they are great. There is no tire squirm with them because they are wider which better supports the sidewalls, (squirm is from narrow rims). With wider rims and better supported sidewalls you can run lower pressure for more traction. I have 2 sets of 33's and one set of 38's, all hookless and tubeless. And you can absolutely use aluminum nipples with carbon rims. Aluminum nipples causing problems with carbon rims is a myth. I've had zero issues with mine in 3 years. Brass is unecessary rotating weight. I laced them with Hope hubs, DT Super Comps and aluminum nipples. In addition to being wide, they are deep. That let's u use a shorter spoke which is lighter and stiffer than a longer spoke, so the wheel is stronger, plus I like the big and beefy look. The rims were only $170 each too. The wheels are light and stiff and u can really feel the improvement on the trail. They accelerate, brake and hold a line in turns better.

P.s, Your bike looks sweet.

Posted: Aug 9, 2015 at 4:25 Quote
Squirm is definitely from narrower rims but have found after wacking in a couple more psi, it's resolved the issue without affecting the trail riding aspects of a slightly firmer tyre.

Think my internal width is narrow for a carbon rim but that it's seems to be good for my given purpose, not everyone needs super wide 38mm or 41mm rims.

Whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll be well happy and that if going custom route, hire a decent wheel builder, as they're often hard to come by here in UK I reckon.

Posted: Aug 10, 2015 at 9:08 Quote
@Twenty6ers4life

Nice one fella it's awesome to ride, absolutely love it. Just want the cherry on the cake and carbon rims feel like said cherry :-)

I was planning on going down the road of Derby because they have UK disti's, it's a bit more expensive however it means there's a better service (or at least should be) when the proverbial hit the fan. Have you had any experience with their warranty department?

The difference is price is insane, I can get a whole wheelset built for the same price as 2x Derby rims or half an Enve rim.

O+
Posted: Aug 10, 2015 at 9:34 Quote
jskiff wrote:
@Twenty6ers4life

Nice one fella it's awesome to ride, absolutely love it. Just want the cherry on the cake and carbon rims feel like said cherry :-)

I was planning on going down the road of Derby because they have UK disti's, it's a bit more expensive however it means there's a better service (or at least should be) when the proverbial hit the fan. Have you had any experience with their warranty department?

The difference is price is insane, I can get a whole wheelset built for the same price as 2x Derby rims or half an Enve rim.

Yes, I cracked the rear of my first old gen hooked bead rim after a bunch of abuse. I landed on the side of a rock right on one side of the bead and cracked it. However, it was still true and held air tubeless for 6 miles back to my truck. LB warrantied it with the new hookless bead version and I've been trouble free since. They can't be beat for the price either. Beer

New seat and shock.
photo
28lbs even, including tassels.tup

Posted: Aug 10, 2015 at 12:19 Quote
Thats comforting to know. How long did the exchange take, days, weeks or months?

Posted: Aug 10, 2015 at 12:21 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
photo

Bike looks sick by the way Smile

O+
Posted: Aug 10, 2015 at 15:00 Quote
jskiff wrote:
Thats comforting to know. How long did the exchange take, days, weeks or months?

Thanks, it just took a few weeks, coming from China and through customs.

Posted: Aug 10, 2015 at 15:45 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
jskiff wrote:

Just noticed your tassels Salute

O+
Posted: Aug 10, 2015 at 19:09 Quote
jskiff wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
jskiff wrote:

LOL, pimp right?

Posted: Aug 11, 2015 at 2:04 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
jskiff wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:

LOL, pimp right?

Full pimp.......Well, if you ain't got platform 5:10's with goldfish in them, I don't feel you've gone far enough Smile

Posted: Aug 19, 2015 at 10:43 Quote
2013 Custom Ellsworth Dare with pro build

Copletly built and rode it 35lb machine now im looking for an enduro project sell or trade

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 17:35 Quote
hmmmmm.... Da bomb warden

Da bomb bike looks familar.. Hmmmmm warden?

Posted: Oct 7, 2015 at 19:49 Quote
2015 Dartmoor Hornet
2015 Petrol Dartmoor Hornet

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.484449
Mobile Version of Website