One Up Dropper 180 Issues

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
One Up Dropper 180 Issues
Previous Page | Next Page
O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2022 at 7:43 Quote
I'm having issues with my One Up V2 Dropper. It came (installed) with my bike, and I haven't really touched it. After almost a year of riding, it has stopped fully returning. I figured that it was an air issue, so I've tried adding air. My pump's gauge does suggest that the air is low, but adding air doesn't seem to be working. I add some air (it's really hard to pump after 200psi) up to 300psi, unscrew the pump and the post is a bit better but not great. I put the pump back on, and it's lost more than 1/2 of the air.

Any suggestions on what to try? I'm close to reaching out to warranty the post but I'd rather not be out of commission for that long if I can avoid it.

Posted: Nov 21, 2022 at 8:06 Quote
Try giving it a service, the kits are relatively cheap. It sounds like the cartridge might be on it's way out though. You can try warranty or you can buy and install a new cartridge which One Up sell. Maybe speak to them first.

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2022 at 9:41 Quote
I might try warranty then. The post came on my Privateer, so I just reached out to them.

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2022 at 13:27 Quote
May not be the same issue if yours has been working well until now, but I've found I have to set the seatpost clamp to a considerably lighter torque than spec to avoid my Oneup dropper from binding and being reluctant to return. It hasn't moved at all in the seat tube despite the lower clamp torque though. Mine is a 210 almost fully inserted if that matters.

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2022 at 16:14 Quote
irafcummings wrote:
I'm having issues with my One Up V2 Dropper. It came (installed) with my bike, and I haven't really touched it. After almost a year of riding, it has stopped fully returning. I figured that it was an air issue, so I've tried adding air. My pump's gauge does suggest that the air is low, but adding air doesn't seem to be working. I add some air (it's really hard to pump after 200psi) up to 300psi, unscrew the pump and the post is a bit better but not great. I put the pump back on, and it's lost more than 1/2 of the air.

Any suggestions on what to try? I'm close to reaching out to warranty the post but I'd rather not be out of commission for that long if I can avoid it.

May need grease under the collar. The loss of air is most likely due to the cartridge volume being fairly low and the pressure being high. When you put the pump on the hose of the pump equalizes and therefore the pressure decreases. That is normal for every post and suspension component, just may not be as bad on a shock or fork.

Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 5:49 Quote
Your post is low on air. I find that mind needs to be around 275 PSI in order to operate correctly. Try a different shock pump.

You’re following the correct inflation technique, however, you’re not actually “losing” air so to speak when you reconnect the hose. What’s actually happening is the air in your post is going into the hose of your pump, which is why your gauge displays the pressure as lower than when you pumped it up. So whatever you pump your post up to and you remove your pump, that’s what the PSI is at.

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 6:17 Quote
kiranseligman wrote:
May need grease under the collar.

Any idea what kind of grease it takes?

Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 10:59 Quote
Suspension greases are suitable--SRAM Butter, Slick Honey & Slickoleum to name a few.

Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 16:15 Quote
Couple of potential issues

Seal - Try unscrewing that and see if it can pop up once removed. When I ride in muddy conditions I find it is a bit tough going up until after I clean it using Whistler Performance Fork Boost Oil.

Seatpost Clamp. Might be too tight

If above doesn't work like what happened to me on my old bike just buy a new cartridge

Posted: Dec 25, 2022 at 13:22 Quote
Take it apart, clean and regrease with something slick (as mentioned above).
The air chamber on the Oneups is very small so any loss of air when disconnecting the hose is very noticeable in return speed.
My shock pump has a very short chuck and find very difficult to unthread it quick enough not to loose too much pressure when disconnecting it, so i tend to pump it to max pressure (irc is 300 psi) and try to be as quick as possible.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025766
Mobile Version of Website