Heated socks?

Previous Page | Next Page
O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2022 at 17:13 Quote
Freezing temps have arrived in the northeast and I’m wondering if a pair of heated socks is the best way to go to keep my toes warm on trail rides. I have no experience with them so my first question is, are they worth it? If the answer is yes, then I would greatly appreciate some recommendations!

Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 10:44 Quote
I have nothing bike related to add but I bought my wife a pair of heated socks for the hockey arena last year and she loves them. They were just a generic brand off Amazon, can't remember the company name. Having the weight of the battery on your legs might be a bit weird for pedaling.

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 12:45 Quote
Gene158 wrote:
Freezing temps have arrived in the northeast and I’m wondering if a pair of heated socks is the best way to go to keep my toes warm on trail rides. I have no experience with them so my first question is, are they worth it? If the answer is yes, then I would greatly appreciate some recommendations!

Have you just tried some good quality wool/smartwool socks? You can throw some gorilla tape over the toe vents on your shoes if they have them. That is usually good enough for most. I would hesitate to use a electric sock as they are usually fairly thick which reduces your feel on the pedals, but they may be just fine.

Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 13:01 Quote
My cheapo cold foot trick is to wear plastic bags over my socks. No more wind chill.

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 18:57 Quote
The guys I ride with use heated insoles for our winter rides. I don't find that I need them - my goretex lined winter hikers are warm enough to keep my feet toasty down to the -20C/0F range.

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 5:21 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
Gene158 wrote:

Have you just tried some good quality wool/smartwool socks? You can throw some gorilla tape over the toe vents on your shoes if they have them. That is usually good enough for most. I would hesitate to use a electric sock as they are usually fairly thick which reduces your feel on the pedals, but they may be just fine.
I do wear wool socks but I guess the ventilation on the shoe is the issue as you pointed out.

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 10:04 Quote
Heated socks have been a life saver for me. I have the Hotronic heated socks, they are not bulky & the battery is absolutely not noticeable while riding. When clipped in, the cleats will draw more heat from your foot. If I'm clipped in when it's real cold, I sometimes will wear a booty over top also.
I have never tried a winter spd shoe, but I'm sure they would be the best combo.
I do switch to flats & 5-10s with the heated socks for winter fat biking.

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 19:22 Quote
I’m looking for heated socks also.
I’ve got Shimano winter boots. They helped a lot but not enough.
And yes I’ve tried several wool socks.
With good wool socks and my Shimano SPD winter boots. My feet still get cold.

Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 23:16 Quote
I bought some heated socks last year and they work a treat. No more cold /purple toes. My feet don't get hot while riding,they just don't get cold. I've not needed them just yet this autumn/winter but will be using them very soon. They have a little rechargeable battery on the side and 3 heat settings done either manually or with a remote. On full power they last for 2-3hours. Brilliant! I bought them off Amazon but it says 'Duhan-moto' on the user manual. I have a friend who uses heated insoles and gives and swears by them as well.

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 7:00 Quote
Eddie-s wrote:
I bought some heated socks last year and they work a treat. No more cold /purple toes. My feet don't get hot while riding,they just don't get cold. I've not needed them just yet this autumn/winter but will be using them very soon. They have a little rechargeable battery on the side and 3 heat settings done either manually or with a remote. On full power they last for 2-3hours. Brilliant! I bought them off Amazon but it says 'Duhan-moto' on the user manual. I have a friend who uses heated insoles and gives and swears by them as well.
There's so many on amazon; do you know which ones?

Posted: 13 hours ago Quote
Sorry for the late response. I can't find the exact ones but these look the closest.
https://www.kipoko.com/products/heated-socks-for-men-and-women-battery-warming-socks

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015231
Mobile Version of Website