Help! My Dropper Post isn't fully extending even after a full strip and service

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Help! My Dropper Post isn't fully extending even after a full strip and service
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 0:29 Quote
I have a Tranz-X Dropper Post and for some reason its not fully extending and instead stopping at the top of its stroke even after loosening the seat post clamp. If I hold the lever long enough it will extend but obviously this isn't ideal. I've thoroughly stripped and serviced it and greased the seal-head and bushing more times than I can count.
If its worth noting I don't have a cartridge style dropper post, instead I have an air dropper post with similar construction to a OneUp post.
I'm pretty sure its in the bushing beneath the seal head because when actuating the post with the bushing removed, its smooth and fast. Please give me a sense of what's happening or what I should do because I'm seriously considering buying a new post and I don't want it to be in vain.

Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 1:05 Quote
Have you tired increasing the cable tension at the remote? If there's not enough tension the dropper does not fully actuate and thus moves very slowly.

Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 1:53 Quote
LeithB wrote:
Have you tired increasing the cable tension at the remote? If there's not enough tension the dropper does not fully actuate and thus moves very slowly.
Yes, it works fine up to the top of its stroke. When it reaches the top of its stroke it suddenly slows down or stops altogether.

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 17:31 Quote
Check that your seat collar clamp is not too tight.

Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 22:16 Quote
WTF-IDK wrote:
Check that your seat collar clamp is not too tight.

It still suffers the problem with the dropper fully removed from the bike. Its not in the seat post collar.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012764
Mobile Version of Website