Turbo Levo Comp Carbon vs Alloy

PB Forum :: eMTB
Turbo Levo Comp Carbon vs Alloy
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 17:51 Quote
What are you really getting for the carbon upgrade? The actual weight savings seems too minimal for anything I do, I’m a very casual rider. The head unit seems nice but also unnecessary. I think those are the only major differences, correct me if I’m wrong?

Right now with their sale the carbon is $1K more than the alloy, which I’m only thinking might be worth it for resale down the road. Thanks in advance

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 17:17 Quote
sparkysfat wrote:
What are you really getting for the carbon upgrade? The actual weight savings seems too minimal for anything I do, I’m a very casual rider. The head unit seems nice but also unnecessary. I think those are the only major differences, correct me if I’m wrong?

Right now with their sale the carbon is $1K more than the alloy, which I’m only thinking might be worth it for resale down the road. Thanks in advance

I mean it may be a bit stiffer, also as far as I know carbon, if it cracks, can be fixed whereas aluminum can’t.

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 13:12 Quote
I had to look up the specs on both bikes (I have the alloy) and was surprised to see that for $1500, it appears all you get is a carbon frame. Maybe I missed something, but I certainly didn't miss anything major. Full disclosure--I did a quick comparison on 99spokes.com and not directly from Specialized. $1500 for just a carbon frame is a hard pass for me. They couldn't even upgrade the fork? That's the one major thing I need to upgrade on my bike; the 36mm stanchions just don't cut it for aggressive riding, IMO.

Posted: Dec 22, 2022 at 19:55 Quote
I've ridden both Have riding buddies that race these monsters and worked on both and in my experience just get the one you can afford. You'll have fun on either one. I don't feel like you gain anything but cleaner looks and a negligible weight savings with carbon.

Posted: Jan 17, 2023 at 8:33 Quote
yes pretty much just carbon / Master TCU and SWAT in steer tube. I only picked up carbon due to price was right there as what my son got his Alloy for. $5300 vs $5800

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2023 at 14:05 Quote
For what it's worth I went alloy. Put the savings into a 170mm 38 ebike fox elite with grip 2. A cascade link to make the rear 160mm. Cush core. Fox x2. Miranda 160 crank arms. The info I would have had on the mastermind I have on my Garmin 520. The bike rips and cost less than the stock carbon. I recommend.

Posted: Jan 17, 2023 at 20:33 Quote
How did you get the ebike info on the edge 520?

Posted: Jan 18, 2023 at 17:54 Quote
Sanded wrote:
For what it's worth I went alloy. Put the savings into a 170mm 38 ebike fox elite with grip 2. A cascade link to make the rear 160mm. Cush core. Fox x2. Miranda 160 crank arms. The info I would have had on the mastermind I have on my Garmin 520. The bike rips and cost less than the stock carbon. I recommend.

How did you get the ebike info on the edge 530?

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2023 at 22:52 Quote
Big5toke wrote:
How did you get the ebike info on the edge 520?

On my 530, I found additional sensors waiting to be paired. There’s a power meter, battery life, and assist level. Maybe something else.

Posted: Jan 19, 2023 at 7:16 Quote
Big5toke wrote:
Sanded wrote:

How did you get the ebike info on the edge 530?

Maybe this video helps too.

Posted: Jan 19, 2023 at 14:00 Quote
Thanks, got it to work with the ebike edge multifield from the iq store. Paired right up. The specialized app in the store was hit or miss.

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2023 at 17:36 Quote
Big5toke wrote:
Thanks, got it to work with the ebike edge multifield from the iq store. Paired right up. The specialized app in the store was hit or miss.

Pretty awesome. I didn’t know about that until a month or so after I got my 530.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014804
Mobile Version of Website