RS Domain 2023 with Charger Damper 3

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
RS Domain 2023 with Charger Damper 3
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 26, 2022 at 8:57 Quote
Hello all,

i searched the internet and couldn't find anything on that. Would it be possible to fit a charger 3 on a new RS Domain?
Charger 2.1 is officially listed as an upgrade for the Domain but why not a Charger 3? The fork ,apart from the lowers which are heavier, is similar to the Zeb. Have anyone tried it?

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2022 at 13:25 Quote
The Charger 3 will not work in the Domain. The thread pitch between the uppers and the damper assembly is different. The only fork that a Charger 3 is backwards-compatible with is the Zeb A1.

The new generation is quite nice, and has some pretty good things going on. If you're looking to upgrade, but not spend a ton of money, the Charger 2.1 is a well-designed damper, and very reliable in my experience. Significantly cheaper vs a new complete fork.

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2022 at 20:13 Quote
ZootownRider wrote:
The Charger 3 will not work in the Domain. The thread pitch between the uppers and the damper assembly is different. The only fork that a Charger 3 is backwards-compatible with is the Zeb A1.

The new generation is quite nice, and has some pretty good things going on. If you're looking to upgrade, but not spend a ton of money, the Charger 2.1 is a well-designed damper, and very reliable in my experience. Significantly cheaper vs a new complete fork.

How do you figure? The 2.1 from a Zeb works on the Domain. If the 2.1 works on the Domain, why wouldn't the 3 work?

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2022 at 6:23 Quote
If you get the rockshox app, you can put in your serial number and it will tell you what is available for upgrades.

Posted: Dec 4, 2022 at 14:57 Quote
eplanajr wrote:
ZootownRider wrote:

How do you figure? The 2.1 from a Zeb works on the Domain. If the 2.1 works on the Domain, why wouldn't the 3 work?

exactly my thoughts!!! Ans since the Charger 3 is backwards compatible with the old Zeb.....that makes it (in my mind) also compatible with the Donain.
Regarding the Rockshox App i have to say that i find it understandable not to advertise this update because it would have a impact on sales.....
Did you know that you could convert a 26" boxxer to 27.5" just by changing only the lowers? There was not an App back on 2018 when i did it and it was not also mentioned in the forums as well. But we found it comparing the parts catalog for each fork....

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011681
Mobile Version of Website