SB140 Sizing

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 3:56 Quote
I'm looking at buying a 2021 SB140 LR. My first full sus! Coming from a 2019 Salsa Timberjack. See geo: https://www.salsacycles.com/bikes/2019_timberjack_slx_29

I'm 5'10" and 3/4 (want to be precise lol). 180-185lbs. Love the Salsa simply because I've upgraded and ridden so much. At times it does feel a hair small.

Want to see everyone's opinion on their experience with Yetis or a similar transition. Thanks in advance!

Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 14:39 Quote
Being 5 10 you are basically right on the verge between the two bikes. I have the sb 140 and I bought it when I was 5 5 when I bought it which is about the same situation but between small and medium. Because it is a 27.5 bike and how nimble the bike is I got the medium. I love how the bike feels and it feels like it fits me pretty well. Because of that I would suggest for you to get the large. Also I would look on used markets for buying the right now because they are selling for way cheap right now. If you want I can send u some links to xx1 axs builds that are around 5k-6k.

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 17:30 Quote
I'm 5'11" and was tossing up between medium and large. Got the large and can say that I've never sat on a bike that fits me so well. I do like a higher stack so I chucked some riser bars on but otherwise it feels so good in this size for climbing and perfectly nimble for descending.

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 4:19 Quote
Ok that answers my question. Was also able to check a medium at a local dealer last night. Cockpit just felt a little more cramped than expected. Large it is.

Josh can you send link? Have one as well and thinking it may be the same. Thanks in advance!

Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 9:12 Quote
I am 6'1" and have a large frame sb140 and I feel a little cramped on it, especially on descents. I am going to try some higher bars and hopefully it will help out some.

I would entertain selling it as well. It is a TURQ T1 build and is incredible shape.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009969
Mobile Version of Website