Anyone running the Hope union TC pedals? Looking for clipless advice

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Anyone running the Hope union TC pedals? Looking for clipless advice
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 20:46 Quote
Looking for a pedal with more contact, any advice about these pedals?

Tired of the skate like feelings of shimano SPD's but I hear everything else falls apart or requires 5x the maintenance.

I've got some race xtrs with 5000KM and they still work flawlessly but I'm not happy with the feel as I've progressed and riding trails at higher speeds.

Riding enduro style trails

Thanks

Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 21:12 Quote
saskparkrider wrote:
Looking for a pedal with more contact, any advice about these pedals?

Tired of the skate like feelings of shimano SPD's but I hear everything else falls apart or requires 5x the maintenance.

I've got some race xtrs with 5000KM and they still work flawlessly but I'm not happy with the feel as I've progressed and riding trails at higher speeds.

Riding enduro style trails

Thanks

Yeah i cant stand that "icy" feeling of SPD's aswell. Im currently running Crankbrother mallet E LS with 2 shims under the cleet with the easy release cleats and its fantastic,

O+
Posted: Jan 3, 2023 at 10:19 Quote
I've been running the Union TC for a while now and really enjoying them. Great feel, super durable. I've got my pedal/shoe interface dailed, so the sole of the shoe is in contact with the pedal body and pins. No ice skate feeling. My favorite part is the consistent, reliable entry and exit with a audible click. It instills confidence for attacking downhills and tricky/steep tech climbs. I'm also a Crankbrothers Mallet LS fan (reliability has increased 100 fold over the years) and will not fault them for anything, other than the softer entry/exit. I state this only because things i would change on the Hope's would be increased Q factor, to the Crankbrothers 57mm and my knees would enjoy maybe 6-7 degrees of float versus the max 5 degrees offered now.

Posted: Jan 3, 2023 at 15:58 Quote
I've been on the Hopes for a year and just switched back to HT (T2) because I prefer the feel. Ironically, I switched away from HT because my T1s had some reliability issues, which I hope (pun intended) they fixed with the updated T2 model.

No issues w/ the union TC pedals, quality seems great after ~150 rides in everything from snow to dust. I'll be posting my purple ones in the buy/sell soon.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009665
Mobile Version of Website