Sticky Fox Transfer MY2021

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Sticky Fox Transfer MY2021
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 9:09 Quote
so i have a 2021 fox transfer. since new its always kind of stuck in the lower position when left for a period of 10 minutes or longer. it didn't really bother me since I just had to bump it at the start of a ride and it wasn't an issue at all during the ride.

unfortunately, I was a dumbass and waited and waited to bring it in for warranty service and now I regret it since warranty is over. sending it to Fox makes no sense at this point since the service alone is $130, plus shipping...

when its stuck, you can hold the lever for about 3-5 seconds and it will return. or hold the lever and bump it with your booty. once you do this the dropper works flawlessly as long as its being cycled.

also happens in the up position, you can feel a bit of stiction when you go to lower it.

anyone experience this and found a fix? I've tried oiling the bushing with some Fox suspension fluid but that didnt seem to do anything.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 9:30 Quote
I had the same situation. It probably has too low air pressure.My Fox was like that from new, also. Unfortunately, that means sending it in to Fox for a rebuild.
I will never own another post that I can't service myself. Just cleaned & lubed my Oneup yesterday, easy.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 10:06 Quote
johnovey wrote:
I had the same situation. It probably has too low air pressure.My Fox was like that from new, also. Unfortunately, that means sending it in to Fox for a rebuild.
I will never own another post that I can't service myself. Just cleaned & lubed my Oneup yesterday, easy.

that's pretty shite if that's all it is. i own 3 oneup's and they're all amazing. this fox came with my bike, but I can say I'll never buy one I cant service again.

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 14:57 Quote
Same issue. Brand new transfer factory.

It only happens the very first time... After that, amazing. But every first time.

I believe the issue is a bent cable and not air pressure. I knew when put the cable in it had a bend... And I think it gets stuck when left alone a while... But once actuated, gets sort of ... Righted.

I do not think it's air pressure as it's snappy as all hell.

You might want to try a new cable.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 15:05 Quote
unthread the collar with a nice knipex and put some float fluid in there. works for me

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 7:55 Quote
i had actually asked a local shop just the other day if they see this, and the answer was a resounding "all the time" and even with a rebuild from fox, it returns in no time. so i guess this is just a fox thing.

senorbanana wrote:
unthread the collar with a nice knipex and put some float fluid in there. works for me

i have tried that. no bueno unfortunately.

stunnanumma1 wrote:
Same issue. Brand new transfer factory.

It only happens the very first time... After that, amazing. But every first time.

I believe the issue is a bent cable and not air pressure. I knew when put the cable in it had a bend... And I think it gets stuck when left alone a while... But once actuated, gets sort of ... Righted.

I do not think it's air pressure as it's snappy as all hell.

You might want to try a new cable.

interesting...i have it out of the bike right now. will have to try it with no cable and see what happens

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2023 at 14:27 Quote
I've had the same issue. I sent it to Fox under warranty and apparently they've got a new remedy with some new parts (top sleeve/nut/bushing and pin). I suspect there is also an issue with the cartridge loosing Nitrogen pressure but time will tell if this is a permanent fix.
I would contact Fox directly and ask them to warranty it and change the parts. It's a pain in the ass having to send it out though. Having a post you can service yourself is definitely the way to go.

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2023 at 14:36 Quote
Up2mtb wrote:
I've had the same issue. I sent it to Fox under warranty and apparently they've got a new remedy with some new parts (top sleeve/nut/bushing and pin). I suspect there is also an issue with the cartridge loosing Nitrogen pressure but time will tell if this is a permanent fix.
I would contact Fox directly and ask them to warranty it and change the parts. It's a pain in the ass having to send it out though. Having a post you can service yourself is definitely the way to go.

i debated sending it in with my suspension and decided not to. the cost to servide it was not a stretch from a new one up so i just bit the bullet.

maybe next time I send my stuff in I will drop toss it in the box as as well or stop by the next time im in the area, which is end of march. i just don thave a use for it now that its been replaced and having it repaired just to sell it for a not much more money doesnt make sense. i do fully regret not dealing with it while it was still warrantied but lesson learned.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008741
Mobile Version of Website