Nukeproof Horizon Saddle

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Horizon Saddle
Previous Page | Next Page
O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 4:25 Quote
As a pre-Christmas present to myself I've ordered a 12-month subscription to MBUK. Along with it I get the saddle mentioned. Never used one before and don't really see any reviews online. Are they decent/comfy or should I just put it on eBay and buy something else

My bike is a Trek slash which still has the standard Bontrager one which is pretty uncomfortable anything north of an hour. So, it'll be better than that if nothing else. lol

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 6:09 Quote
Not comfy, but you may be able to tolerate it. I rode one for a while and gave it up for an Ergon.

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 7:06 Quote
It's impossible to recommend saddles as everyone is unique, and what might be comfy for some is agony for others. Everyone I ride with uses Burgtec Cloud saddles, I have one and think it's the worst saddle I've ever sat on, excruciating, like sitting on a hatchet.

Just try it, see if you like it. If not, sell it, try something else.

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 9:45 Quote
Is it wide enough for your sit bones?

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2022 at 2:12 Quote
JonnyTheWeasel wrote:

I think my sit bones are 120mm and the advertised width of the saddle is 143mm

Posted: Dec 8, 2022 at 2:21 Quote
jamieross wrote:
JonnyTheWeasel wrote:

I think my sit bones are 120mm and the advertised width of the saddle is 143mm

Try it then. See how you get on with it. You likely won't get much for it particularly after eBay takes it's cut.

Posted: Dec 15, 2022 at 7:54 Quote
I've got one and like it!

As has been said, everyone is different and you need to try loads to find the best one for you. Or sell it to pay for your subscription then go to your LBS and get 'fitted'...

This is a great article about saddles and what you 'should' be looking for (https://www.bikeradar.com/advice/buyers-guides/how-to-choose-the-best-saddle/). It'll narrow it down, but you'll still need to persevere with trying them out.

I went through six saddles on my gravel bike that were broadly similar before finding the one that felt most comfy - and it wasn't the most expensive or fanciest name either.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009857
Mobile Version of Website