Transition repeater mullet setup is it possible ?

PB Forum :: eMTB
Transition repeater mullet setup is it possible ?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 4, 2022 at 9:19 Quote
Transition Repeater , is it possible to set up mullet ?

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 19:28 Quote
I called transition about the same question, they did not recommend trying it. I have a 27.5 wheel with 2.8 maxxis mounted on it. I am going to give that a try when the snow flies. I will post how it feels.

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 13:04 Quote
Yt46 wrote:
I called transition about the same question, they did not recommend trying it. I have a 27.5 wheel with 2.8 maxxis mounted on it. I am going to give that a try when the snow flies. I will post how it feels.

Did they give a specific reason? Too much change in the geometry?

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2022 at 18:53 Quote
I was told the bottom bracket would be to low and geometry would be wrong. I wouldn't care if the geometry would be wrong but peddle strikes would suck.

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 7:33 Quote
There’s a geo calculator out there somewhere I recall seeing. Maybe you could plug-in the numbers there and see how things change. You could also run shorter cranks.

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 14:44 Quote
Cranks are already pretty short at 160mm. Not sure if you buy anything shorter.

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 20:10 Quote
Yt46 wrote:
Cranks are already pretty short at 160mm. Not sure if you buy anything shorter.

Ha, yep! Probably wouldn’t want to go much shorter. I can’t remember if this is the calculator I saw before but it might be worth a try: https://www.bikegeocalc.com

O+
Posted: Dec 11, 2022 at 13:46 Quote
As well as lots of pedal strikes I guess it would also risk motor strikes with the bottom bracket being as low as it already is. I ordered mine Friday and straight away wondered but then saw how long the BB is and thought no way

Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 14:21 Quote
Thanks for info everyone I put a 27.5 rear on it and it only changed center height by a 1/2 inch im gonna run it mullet not worried about other geos.
Thanks

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2022 at 2:05 Quote
Richiewedge wrote:
Thanks for info everyone I put a 27.5 rear on it and it only changed center height by a 1/2 inch im gonna run it mullet not worried about other geos.
Thanks

Let us know how it rides

O+
Posted: Dec 22, 2022 at 15:19 Quote
Rode my bike setup mullet today, running a DHR 2.8 and really like it. Bike sits about 1/4in lower than the 29 setup. I didn't have and more pedals strikes then before. Thinking about getting a downhill rated 2.8 and running it that way next year.

O+
Posted: Dec 25, 2022 at 9:52 Quote
Was there a noticeable difference in how it rode?

O+
Posted: Dec 26, 2022 at 6:57 Quote
I have 400 mile on 29 rear and I believe the bike felt faster with the 27+ rear. It was a little wet out and the traction was better with the 2.8 rear tire. I am going to keep this setup through the winter and try 29/27+ back to back and see what works better. I have a 27+ front laying around that I might put on it and see how that feels. I really liked the plus setup when I had it on my jeffsy.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009829
Mobile Version of Website