Anyone upgraded the wheels on their Commencal Absolut? What's the rear hub width?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Anyone upgraded the wheels on their Commencal Absolut? What's the rear hub width?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 6:59 Quote
Thinking to upgrade the wheels on my Commencal Absolut. Or at the very least upgrade the rear hub from the Novatec.

Anyone know the hub/axle/frame width?

Anyone upgraded the rear wheel and/or have recommendations? TIA

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 9:16 Quote
mav1c wrote:
Thinking to upgrade the wheels on my Commencal Absolut. Or at the very least upgrade the rear hub from the Novatec.

Anyone know the hub/axle/frame width?

Anyone upgraded the rear wheel and/or have recommendations? TIA
sizewise the rear hub is an 135x10 which means the hub is 135mm long and the axle has a 10mm diameter. It's the most common size for dirtjumper specific hubs. How much would you want to spend for a new hub or new wheel(s)? If you want to change only the hub, keep in mind that you're gonna need to get new spokes as well (different size) so it might be more worth it to get the whole wheel (anything at this point would be an upgrade)

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 13:04 Quote
I wont say all, but ill say 99% of dirt jumper are 10x135 bold on axle, its the standard, and if i had to recommend wheels i love my halo t2 wheels, cheap(ish) and i've had no problems with it, I give it extreme usage and its performed great if you want to spend a little more you can get the heavier and stronger halo chaos, the spank spoon 32 is also said to be incredible, but I have no personal experience with it. My T2s I bought as just a wheel and laced a hub separate, so i don't know how the stock hub performs.

Posted: Dec 8, 2022 at 18:40 Quote
Hope Pro4 SS rear hub, you’ll have the option of 10mm bolt on, 12mm thru or qr axle options.

Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 7:59 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
Hope Pro4 SS rear hub, you’ll have the option of 10mm bolt on, 12mm thru or qr axle options.
those are super expensive though, i run an octano one hub, its no where near as loud, but it does the job and looks good doing it

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014395
Mobile Version of Website