Marzocchi Bomber Z1 harsh after yearly service

PB Forum :: Marzocchi
Marzocchi Bomber Z1 harsh after yearly service
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2022 at 8:31 Quote
I have Marzocchi Bomber Z1, with which I was completely satisfied with up until I had it serviced (yearly service, with warranty bushing replacement). after this service, the fork is not feeling the same. it feels harsher than it did before. meanwhile I changed the bike and sent BZ1 to service as the old bike was 160mm and new one has 170mm travel up front. still the same. bike came fitted with RS Yari and feels much nicer than Bomber - actually, Bomber, prior to service and travel change, felt quite like that.
they did install one extra token as they extended the fork's travel - could that be the cause of harshness?

FL
Posted: Dec 10, 2022 at 11:14 Quote
The bushings are the issue. Just pushed in and not sized... fox/RS product things... itll "wear in"

O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 2:26 Quote
HeatedRotor wrote:
The bushings are the issue. Just pushed in and not sized... fox/RS product things... itll "wear in"

hm, funny, when I got the BZ1, it was never like that from new ... it was actually quite amazing when I first fitted it (on the old bike, though, in 160mm travel). but it did develop some bushings play and were changed during yearly service, under warranty.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007617
Mobile Version of Website