Powered by Outside

Shimano EP8 Battery Display as Percentage Instead of Bars?

PB Forum :: eMTB
Shimano EP8 Battery Display as Percentage Instead of Bars?
Previous Page | Next Page
O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2023 at 7:37 Quote
Anyone know if adding the battery display as a percentage rather than (or with) the bar graphic is possible?

Not a big fan of bars because 81% and 100% are the same (80% and 61% are also the same, and so forth)

FL
Posted: Jan 11, 2023 at 6:35 Quote
As far as I know you can't change the display, I downloaded an app called eTuning on the google play store on my phone. It connects to the bike via bluetooth the same as the official Shimano eTube app, and it can read the battery life as a percentage. Bit of a pain as obviously it would be great to know percentage on the display, but handy if you just want to check it mid-ride or after your ride to get an idea.

Posted: Jan 11, 2023 at 6:39 Quote
netposer wrote:
Anyone know if adding the battery display as a percentage rather than (or with) the bar graphic is possible?

Not a big fan of bars because 81% and 100% are the same (80% and 61% are also the same, and so forth)

My Garmin watch displays the battery percentage. Not sure if other Garmin bike computers will do the same.

Posted: Jan 11, 2023 at 7:01 Quote
bajanmonkey wrote:
netposer wrote:

My Garmin watch displays the battery percentage. Not sure if other Garmin bike computers will do the same.

Your Garmin watch displays the battery percentage of your e-bike battery? Is this native to the watch or did you download an app?

Posted: Jan 11, 2023 at 9:26 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
bajanmonkey wrote:
netposer wrote:

Your Garmin watch displays the battery percentage of your e-bike battery? Is this native to the watch or did you download an app?

This is native to the watch. I have the Fenix 7. One day after an update it told me it found a new sensor and there it was....I'm on a Transition Repeater. Using the "eBike" activity.

Posted: Jan 11, 2023 at 9:28 Quote
bajanmonkey wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:
bajanmonkey wrote:

This is native to the watch. I have the Fenix 7. One day after an update it told me it found a new sensor and there it was....I'm on a Transition Repeater. Using the "eBike" activity.

Fantastic! Thanks.

Posted: Jan 11, 2023 at 13:30 Quote
I imagine a Garmin Edge bike computer would also display the same metric as the Fenix watch and it can be mounted to the handle bar for easier viewing.

I got an Edge 530 after my AXS conversion and the bar-mounted little display shows the gear position both numerically and graphically.
Awesome setup IMHO.

AXS GX + Garmin Edge = best money I've spent in a long time.

Posted: Jan 11, 2023 at 13:43 Quote
16rally wrote:
I imagine a Garmine Edge bike computer would also display the same metric as the Fenix watch and it can be mounted to the handle bar for easier viewing.

I got an Edge 530 after my AXS conversion and the bar-mounted little display shows the gear position both numerically and graphically.
Awesome setup IMHO.

AXS GX + Garmin Edge = best money I've spent in a long time.

That is a pretty nifty feature.

In all fairness, though, When was the last time anybody had to look and see what gear they were in? Personally, I haven't had the need in...almost forever. My very first mountain bike I got in the early 90's had the little windows on the shifters to tell me what gear I was in - that was the last bike that had any indication. Since then it's been done by 'feel'.

It is still really cool that the Garmin will actually communicate with the rest of the systems. I like.

Posted: Jan 11, 2023 at 19:03 Quote
I bought a cheap Garmin watch and there is an app you can add to the watch to pair to the EP8 automatically. I 3D printed a mount and I throw the watch on the bars when I go for a ride. Way cheaper than a Garmin 530. This is the app:

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/461743f9-b350-486f-bd87-613c7b0bab90

Posted: Jan 12, 2023 at 6:18 Quote
joz00 wrote:
I bought a cheap Garmin watch and there is an app you can add to the watch to pair to the EP8 automatically. I 3D printed a mount and I throw the watch on the bars when I go for a ride. Way cheaper than a Garmin 530. This is the app:

That's a good idea too. Especially if you already have another device to collect your HR data during the ride.

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2023 at 21:36 Quote
joz00 wrote:

Which garmin watch?

Posted: Jun 28, 2023 at 6:30 Quote
This is how I've set up a Garmin Edge 530 on my Gen 3 Turbo Levo:

photo

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011255
Mobile Version of Website