Bashguard Option? - Genius ST 910 2023

PB Forum :: Scott Bikes
Bashguard Option? - Genius ST 910 2023
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2023 at 12:37 Quote
I am looking for an option to install a bashguard on a Genius 2023 without iscg and with 55mm chain line.

Do you know of any options?

Posted: Jan 25, 2023 at 1:49 Quote
To sum it up, you cannot mount a chain guide/bash guard with the standard sram dub crank/bb setup, same as all Scott all mountain/enduro bikes. I have thought about fitting a pf30 to BSA adapter on my ransom and then run a threaded bb, there are some options for bb mounted chainguides or icsg05 adapter, but I think you would need to get a little creative with spacing/chain line and also there would be an issue with clearance because on most Scott bikes there is little to no clearance around the crank/rear chain stay area. It would be cool to try out tho Smile

Sram currently makes one, although it is plastic, here is the link to the product page: https://www.sram.com/en/truvativ/models/bb-adpt-a1
They also make an alloy one, but i cannot find the product page, maybe it isn't made anymore? Part number is: 00.6415.032.040

FSA makes an alloy one as well, generally available trough most online bike retailers.

It should be noted that adapters that are just a straight tube and not skinnier in the middle might not fit in the frame since there may be some ridges or something in the middle of the frames bb shell. Best to just take the stock dub bb out and check fitment before committing to pressing in anything Wink

Another option is to get a crank mounted bash, for direct mount i think wolftooth makes an option for that, otherwise you can get an older shimano or gxp 4 bolt crankset, there are some options for that although a bit difficult to find nowadays

Cheers

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2023 at 5:37 Quote
THerman666 wrote:
To sum it up, you cannot mount a chain guide/bash guard with the standard sram dub crank/bb setup, same as all Scott all mountain/enduro bikes. I have thought about fitting a pf30 to BSA adapter on my ransom and then run a threaded bb, there are some options for bb mounted chainguides or icsg05 adapter, but I think you would need to get a little creative with spacing/chain line and also there would be an issue with clearance because on most Scott bikes there is little to no clearance around the crank/rear chain stay area. It would be cool to try out tho Smile

Sram currently makes one, although it is plastic, here is the link to the product page: https://www.sram.com/en/truvativ/models/bb-adpt-a1
They also make an alloy one, but i cannot find the product page, maybe it isn't made anymore? Part number is: 00.6415.032.040

FSA makes an alloy one as well, generally available trough most online bike retailers.

It should be noted that adapters that are just a straight tube and not skinnier in the middle might not fit in the frame since there may be some ridges or something in the middle of the frames bb shell. Best to just take the stock dub bb out and check fitment before committing to pressing in anything Wink

Another option is to get a crank mounted bash, for direct mount i think wolftooth makes an option for that, otherwise you can get an older shimano or gxp 4 bolt crankset, there are some options for that although a bit difficult to find nowadays

Cheers

Thank you for the information. I was looking for the Wolftooth Camo system for RaceFace.

For the moment it seems to be available only for 52mm chainline and the genius has a 55mm chainline. Would this work you think?

I'm going to get the bike next week and have a good look if there is space or not

Posted: Jan 26, 2023 at 11:30 Quote
Hmm, maybe it would work... as i said there is very little clearance between the chainring/chainstay. I have one 910st at work, I'll measure the gap.

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2023 at 10:20 Quote
THerman666 wrote:
Hmm, maybe it would work... as i said there is very little clearance between the chainring/chainstay. I have one 910st at work, I'll measure the gap.

Let me know if you could watch the gap

Posted: Feb 3, 2023 at 8:48 Quote
There is about 3-4mm of clearance to the chainstay.

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2023 at 10:01 Quote
THerman666 wrote:
There is about 3-4mm of clearance to the chainstay.

Thank you, it's appreciated.

I ordered the WolfTooth kit, if it doesn't work with the 136mm spindle from raceface, I'll order one with 6mm more... to be confirmed when I receive the bike and the kit.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017875
Mobile Version of Website